This shop about 10 easy weeknight dinners using rotisserie Chicken has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessMeals #CollectiveBias
Summer has been hectic but once school starts up again, summertime will feel easy. Since I am a foodie and love to cook, my family has gotten spoiled getting homemade meals most evenings. I do pray one day they will realize just how lucky they are. Needless to say I am not one that is afraid to take short cuts, including picking up a Rotisserie chicken and serving it as it is. However, there are so many ways you can change up a rotisserie chicken to create a “homemade” meal in minutes.
Our family loves Tex Mex so we made a Mexican Chicken Rice Dish that uses mainly canned goods, minute brown rice and chopped up rotisserie chicken. Make it a day ahead or while you are heating up the oven before dinnertime, either way I am sure your family will love it.
If the day has you running errands at Walmart, be sure to pick up a fully cooked rotisserie chicken or two, as well as the other ingredients and you are half way done with your dinner for tonight.
While the rice is cooking in the microwave or use leftover rice from Chinese take out, cut up the chicken and dump the other ingredients into a large bowl.
Pour over the green enchilada sauce and stir to mix the ingredients evenly.
Layer the Rice then the chicken mixture.
Top with Cheese and either refrigerate for later or bake until the chicken casserole is heated thru and the cheese is nice and melted.
Serve warm with some cut up fruit or a green salad.
Be sure to look for more Effortless Meals at Walmart, they are convenient to purchase, help provide healthy, fresh options for dinner during back-to-school, and create a positive mealtime experience for your family.
- The signage at Walmart makes it easy for people to find what to make for dinner with little effort and all the items that went with our meal was in one place. Makes it super easy!
- Rotisserie Chicken Meal: Rotisserie Chicken (29 oz.), 2 lb. Side (Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, or Cole Slaw), and 2 Liter Coca-Cola product.
- Pizza Meals: 16″ pepperoni pizza or 16″ five cheese pizza and 2 Liter Coca-Cola product. You can also easily pick up the Marketside pizzas and grill or bake them as you are getting back into the back-to-school routine.
- Sandwich Meals: 6″ sandwich, bag of chips (Kettle Brand) and 16oz Coca-Cola product
While we did not serve the potato salad we will have it for another meal later in the week. For dessert we made Coke Floats. The kids and hubby could not have been more satisfied and it didn’t take much effort on my part either. A win-win for our family for sure.
Since the chickens are available all day, pick up a few extra and make some of these other amazing weeknight dinners using a Rotisserie Chicken.
- White Bean Chili with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes from Floating Kitchen
- Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe from Anne’s Entitled Life
- Weeknight Dinner Mexican Pizza from Practical Mommy
- Chicken Salad Recipe from Ashlee Marie
- Buffalo Chicken Dip from Close to Home
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas from Close to Home
- Mac and Cheese BBQ Cheese Pizza Recipe from Thrifty Jinxy
- Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Living Sweet Moments
- Mango Chicken Wrap from Kids Activities Blog
- 2 cups brown rice- Minute rice for ease
- 3 cups chopped skinless rotisserie chicken
- 1 15 oz can mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives, drained (or 2- 2.5 oz)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (Green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, We use Greek
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13x9x2 inch baking dish, we use glass, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and stir until mixed well.
- Layer the chicken mixture over the rice and then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until heated thru and cheese melts.
- If you make this ahead, allow the casserole to sit out while you preheat the oven.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 182mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 15g