Summer has been hectic but once school starts up again, summertime will feel easy. Since I am a foodie and love to cook, my family has gotten spoiled getting homemade meals most evenings. So My goal is finding Easy Weeknight Dinners for the Family.
I do pray one day they will realize just how lucky they are. Needless to say, I am not one that is afraid to take short cuts, including picking up a Rotisserie chicken and serving it as it is.
However, there are so many ways you can change up a rotisserie chicken to create a “homemade” meal in minutes.
Easy Weeknight Dinners For Family
Our family loves Tex Mex so we made a Mexican Chicken Rice Dish that uses mainly canned goods, minute brown rice and chopped up a rotisserie chicken.
Can I make this Easy Dinner Idea Recipe ahead of time?
Make it a day ahead or while you are heating up the oven before dinnertime, either way I am sure your family will love it.
If the day has you running errands at Walmart, be sure to pick up a fully cooked rotisserie chicken or two, as well as the other ingredients and you are halfway done with your dinner for tonight.
What kind of Rice Can I use in this Chicken casserole?
While the rice is cooking in the microwave or uses leftover rice from Chinese take out, cut up the chicken and dump the other ingredients into a large bowl.
Pour over the green enchilada sauce and stir to mix the ingredients evenly.
Layer the Rice first then the chicken mixture.
Easy Weeknight Meals
Top with Cheese and either refrigerate for later or bake until the chicken casserole is heated thru and the cheese is nice and melted.
What is an easy side for this Easy weeknight dinner?
Serve warm with some cut up fruit or a green salad.
Be sure to look for more Effortless Meals at Walmart, they are convenient to purchase, help provide healthy, fresh options for dinner during back-to-school, and create a positive mealtime experience for your family.
While we did not serve the potato salad we will have it for another meal later in the week.
What is an easy Weeknight Dessert?
For dessert, we made Coke Floats. The kids and hubby could not have been more satisfied and it didn’t take much effort on my part either. A win-win for our family for sure.
Since the chickens are available all day, pick up a few extra and make some of these other amazing Easy weeknight dinners using a Rotisserie Chicken.
- White Bean Chili with Chicken and Sweet Potatoes from Floating Kitchen
- Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe from Anne’s Entitled Life
- Weeknight Dinner Mexican Pizza from Practical Mommy
- Chicken Salad Recipe from Ashlee Marie
- Buffalo Chicken Dip from Staying Close to Home
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas from Staying Close to Home
- Mac and Cheese BBQ Cheese Pizza Recipe from Thrifty Jinxy
- Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Living Sweet Moments
- Mango Chicken Wrap from Kids Activities Blog
- Chicken &Spinach Pasta Bake Recipe: Staying Close to Home
- 2 cups brown rice-
- 3 cups chopped skinless rotisserie chicken
- 1 15 oz can mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives, drained (or 2- 2.5 oz)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (Green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, We use Greek
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13x9x2 inch baking dish, we use glass, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and stir until mixed well.
- Layer the chicken mixture over the rice and then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until heated thru and cheese melts.
- If you make this ahead, allow the casserole to sit out while you preheat the oven.
You can use minute rice or leftover rice
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 343 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 88mg Sodium 946mg Carbohydrates 23g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 6g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 29g