I used to chuckle inside when I heard an adult claim they had not tried a certain food. For example, my parents have never had sushi. Not even tried it. I get that they don’t want raw fish but there are so many other things like California rolls in which everything is cooked. I digress. Well at 42, I realized I have never tried rhubarb. At least to my knowledge!! I know I have never cooked with it. I was at our market last week and saw the stalks sitting in the produce aisle. Did you know Rhubarb is actually a vegetable? I did not but wow what a combination these two delicious ingredients create. This Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe is sure to be a keeper, as it inspired me to buy a few rhubarb plants to grow my own.
Simply Delicious Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe
I thought you know this is something I would like to try. Thanks to technology, I was able to google rhubarb recipes, select a rhubarb strawberry recipe and buy all the ingredients during one shop. Granted this recipe was pretty easy all I really needed to buy was the rhubarb and strawberries.
I actually had to look up how to use rhubarb when I got home. I knew the leaves were poisonous, but they don’t give you those at the grocery store but I was not sure if you treated it like celery and just chopped it or if you had to boil it first…..
It could not be easier, just dice and slice your fruit and you are half way there.
Cover with the sugar and flour mixture
Make the crisp topping
I did this in advance and just put the pan into the fridge until 30 minutes before I was going to bake it.
Right out of the oven you could smell this.
A little ice cream and /or whipped cream to serve. Be sure to pin this for an amazing Simply Delicious Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe
OMG. What have I been waiting for? This was so amazing I loved the sweet and tartness of this dish. There is nothing special about this recipe I have made crisps before but this was the BEST. This is a simple dessert that is easy enough to serve to your family during the weekday or even to serve to guests as one your dinner party desserts!
Hello Rhubarb we might just become friends this spring.
Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe2016-05-20 08:52:29Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 cup white sugar (use less if strawberries are sweet) I used closer to 3/4 cup.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries 1 lb of strawberries
- 3-4 cups diced rhubarb 5 stalks
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Vanilla Ice cream or whipped cream to serve
Close To Home http://stayingclosetohome.com/
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 2. In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. ( used a smaller pan more like 8x12)
- 3. Mix 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- 4. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- 5. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or both:)
WHAT FOOD HAVE YOU NEVER TRIED?
Other Recipes you must try: