It is time to start thinking about summer vacations, and a Puerto Rico vacation is a wonderful tropical experience anyone can enjoy. So many believe that Puerto Rico is a destination that can’t be afforded, but in fact it is more and more reasonable. Not only am I sharing some must-do items for your Puerto Rico vacation, but also some great ways to make it easier to manage!
5 Reasons To Take A Puerto Rico Vacation
Do you crave the mountains for skiing or the beach for rest and relaxation. This Chicago born girl prefers the beach in a heart beat. So where can you travel without needing a passport but still feel like you are in somewhere tropical? A Puerto Rico vacation is the ideal destination for everyone!
Have you thought of taking a Puerto Rico Vacation? Our family has been to Puerto Rico a few times, once when I was a kid for a cruise stop and another 10 years ago when my husband had a conference. So, we know our stuff when it comes to visiting this great island destination. Whether you are planning a couples getaway or a family vacation, Puerto Rico has great adventures in store for you!
Did you know these facts about Puerto Rico and 5 reasons to take a Puerto Rico vacation?
1. Puerto Rico is featured in the Top 10 Beaches from Travel Channel: With 270 miles of coastline, it is no surprise that it was featured in this ultimate list of beaches to visit. Included in this feature is Flamenco Beach in Culebra, often cited as one of the best beaches in the world.
2.Puerto Rico has the only rainforest in the US National Park Service: You can visit the only rainforest in the US. Take a trip to visit El Yunque and climb to the clouds. No need to head to South America. Hike in a rainforest as a fun outdoor excursion, and a once in a lifetime experience to share with your family. The El Yunque Forest is less than an hour from San Juan and is lush with plants and waterfalls. Hike in the National Caribbean Forest among 1,000-year-old trees and bamboo groves
3. Old World charm of San Juan. A Puerto Rico vacation isn’t complete without a visit to San Juan. Historical landmark and beautiful city, you will find a family friendly fort to explore plus museums, restaurants and fun shops. Bring comfortable walking shoes for this part of your trip as there will be a lot of walking, but it is well worth your time spent.
4.Outdoor exploration adventures. Adventurers can enjoy horse back riding or the magnificent Camuy caverns that runs through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world. Our kids were too young to do this when we went but it looks so amazing. Not to mention the gorgeous beaches and deep sea fishing experiences, it is ideal for the sportsman.
5. A Foodie Dream Come True. If you enjoy eating fun new cuisine a Puerto Rico vacation is a great experience. Foodies can experience the delicacies of Puerto Rican gastronomy and it’s famous Rums. Food and beverage experiences here are amazing!
If this has not tempted you yet to plan a Puerot Rico vacation, remember that Puerto Rico does not require any passports or foreign money so you can book a trip there last minute with no worries or expense of expediting passports.
Why would you like to visit Puerto Rico?
This post is brought to you from Puerto Rico Tourism, all opinions are 100% my own.
Other great travel tips:
- Tips To Keep Valuables Safe While Traveling
- Best Travel Apps For Family Travel
- Traveling With Kids Packing Tips
- Packing Tips For Traveling With Kids To Disney