I am excited to share some great Disney Trip packing tips with you! These are ideal for that fun-filled trip to Disney with your kids this year! It can be hard to know what is needed, so I am taking that mystery away and giving you some great packing tips to follow to make your vacation even better!
You Planned your ideal Disney Trip Itinerary now what will you pack?
Packing Tips For Traveling With Kids To Disney
As much as you want to get away from the everyday chores of your home and enjoy some quality time with the family, it is inevitable that you need to pack. Depending on how many children you have, that can be a large undertaking that takes days to prepare.
Since I know how tough it can be, I thought I would share with you what to pack when visiting Disney with the kids.
I love that my kids are getting older and I can simply write out a list of things to pack and they will, for the most part, get it right. I still have to go through the pile, to make sure they don’t pick out all the shirts with stains on them, but it is much easier to manage now that kids are a bit older.
Another great tip not mentioned in our lists is to check on the weather no matter where you are headed because you never know when another winter tundra might hit. Go prepared with clothing that is easy to layer just in case!
This post contains affiliate links.
RULES FOR FLYING
There are a few rules to remember when flying. The TSA now requires a limited amount of liquids in carry on bags. This means you can carry no more than 3 oz bottles, and all must fit into a quart sized bag.
If you are checking our luggage, this isn’t a problem. You will also want to consider there may be regulations against things like nail clippers in carry on bags. Read up on current TSA and airline security regulations prior to your flight.
What you need to pack in your toiletry bag
One of our best packing tips is to use our lists below to help you remember what needs to be packed. Here are a few items to remember in your toiletry bag. This list seems long, but it really isn’t much considering many of these items may not apply to every person in your family.
I have marked a few items with an asterisk because they are often provided by hotels. While I don’t usually use the hotel provides soaps, many people are fine with that for a short time. Consider your preferences and pack accordingly.
Packing Tips for Traveling with Kids to Disney
Be sure to print out this Free Disney vacation packing List printable before you start packing for this vacation of a lifetime.
- Allergy medicines/ EPI Pens
- Soap/bath gel *
- Shampoo *
- Hair conditioner*
- Contact lens solution
- Sunscreen– a must on any trip with kids
- Lip balm w/sunscreen
- Face wash
- Moisturizer -preferably with sunscreen added
- Body lotion*
- Make-up remover
- Nail polish
- Cornstarch or talcum powder
- Shaving cream
- Nail clippers /Nail file
- Hair brush/comb
- Hair gel/mousse
- Hair spray
- Blow dryer *
- Kleenex (purse size)
- Kids shampoo
- Kids toothbrushes/toothpaste
- Kids soap/ bath gel*
- Kids hairbrush/comb
We fit a bunch of small travel size items in these with room to spare. If packing a lot of liquids, you may want to put them into individual snack size Ziploc bags as an extra safety precaution against spills.
Clothing & Accessories
- Clothes for off park outings, dinner clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes (2 pair) If warm kids love keen or crocs that can get wet for the water rides.
- Pool shoes
- Flip flops
- swim goggles
- Hair bands/clips
- Panchos: 4 PACK – MUST HAVE item!
- Sunglasses w/strap
- Swimsuits we always have at 2 so one can dry
- Seasonal weather items, warm jackets and hats, sweaters, fleece
Traveling with Kids (all ages included)
- Baby food
- Sippy cups
- Rechargeable Two Way Radio
- Baby wipes
- Diaper bag or backpack to acommodate older kids items
- Portable Crib: Many hotels provide. Ask before booking.
- Stroller: May rent if flying.
- Car safety seat: Some rental car agencies rent these, but I prefer bringing my own.
- Lovey or special stuffed toy for bedtime. Be prepared to buy a new toy anyway but they always love the old ones
- Books/ toys/ cards for the travel time and quiet time
- Handheld devices and chargers
- safety tats or sharpies to write contact info on their arms
Other Items to pack when visiting Disney:
These lists are full of packing tips. Even though this may seem extreme, remember you can easily rent a locker to hold things throughout your time in the park.
- Camera batteries, charger, data cable I use a EYE-Fi Card to move all my photos to my devices.
- Camera bag
- Cell phone w/charger & portable charger
- Cell car charger
- iPods & headphones (for plane or car trips or working out)
- Laptop computer, charger cables
- Rechargeable Two Way Radio
- Automatic Travel Umbrella
- Sling bag or day bag
- Neck lanyard for room key/tickets
- Pool bag
- Collapsible cooler
- Large and small zip top bags (great for wet clothing and cell phones)
- Sewing kit * usually have in hotels
- First Aid kit-– Basics in your bag
- Safety pins
- Earplugs – especially if someone snores
- Insect repellent
- Antibacterial hand gel
- Workout gear if walking around the park for 12 hours is not enough for you
- Pins or figures for trading (DISNEY)
- Entertainment Coupon Book or app
- Refillable Water Bottles: We love the idea of getting fresh filtered water for free by using Water Bobble Water Bottle
This is a long list of packing tips for traveling with kids to Disney, but it’s a great way to make sure you don’t miss anything for your next vacation!
Check out our other great Packing Tips: