From the outside, it looks like the picture on the website.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Cake With Basic Cream Cheese Icing
Chocolate Banana Cake with Basic Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 pkg. , 2-layer size yellow or CHOCOLATE cake mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 3
- 1 cup Sour Cream or NON FAT Greek Yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 pkg. , 8 oz. PCream Cheese, softened (we used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 pkg. , 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped Walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- ( we used 2 round pans see tips below)
- BAKE 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar.
- REMOVE cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread with some of the frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top-side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press nuts into sides. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition InformationYield 10
Amount Per Serving Calories 214 Saturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 132mg Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 4gAll information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
TIPS from Kraft and Close to Home
Sour Cream with low fat varieties or use non-fat greek yogurt.
HOW TO NEATLY FROST THE CAKE
Freeze cake layers about 20 min. before frosting. This helps to set the crumbs on the cut edges of the cake layers so they don’t pull up into the frosting. And don’t worry if the frosting does not look perfect on the sides of the cake – the nuts will cover any imperfections.
HOW TO PREPARE IN ROUND CAKE PANS
Prepare cake batter as directed; pour into 2 greased and floured 8- or 9-inch round pans. Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. in pans on wire racks; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Fill and frost with cream cheese frosting. Keep refrigerated.
Do you want a slice of this Sour Cream Chocolate Banana Cake with Basic Cream Cheese Icing?
The banana along with the Greek Yogurt make the cake moist as well as tangy. The perfect combo for a weeknight cake recipe.
For other Chocolate Recipes Check out these recipes: