This shop about Chocolate Peppermint Cake Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #MustHaveMayo & #CollectiveBias
There is nothing worse than losing a family member during the holidays than also expecting family from out of town to celebrate the holidays. My neighbor recently lost a family member to cancer and they were also expecting their grandchildren to arrive to celebrate Christmas.
I thought I would make them a few dishes to have on hand and ease the burden of entertaining funeral guests as well as their overnight family.
Instead of cookies, I thought I would make a bundt cake, and what is better for the holidays than the combination of Chocolate and Peppermint. Since time is so limited this time of year, I created this short cut cake using a box mix and one other unsuspecting ingredient…KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise.
Yes, I replaced the oil in the recipe for Mayo to create an amazingly moist cake. This is how I made it.
Chocolate Peppermint Cake Recipe- Short Cut Box Mix Recipe
I used a Devil’s Food boxed cake mix, a box of chocolate pudding, mayo, eggs peppermint extract and peppermint baking chips. (You can use white chocolate if you prefer a less peppermint-flavored cake)
Mix all the ingredients, except the baking chips with a mixer per the directions on the box.
When it is evenly mixed, add the baking chips and stir into the batter until evenly spread throughout.
Put your batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and cook per the box directions, checking about 10 minutes early.
Once it is cooled, you can add a powdered sugar glaze as well as a sprinkling of more peppermint baking chips. This cake is so moist and will be perfect for friends and family visiting. NO DRY cake this holiday season.
Other Recipes with Box Mixes You Might Like:
- Easy Salted Caramel Brownies From a Box Mix
- 25 Deliciously Easy Recipes Using Box Brownie Mix
- The Best Cookie Bars made from Chocolate Cake Mix
- 6 Ingredient Sprinkled Cake Mix Blondie Brownie Recipe
Since this dip can sit in your fridge for a couple of days, I did not bake it before bringing it over and just included the directions as well as some crackers for dipping. Hopefully, they can still enjoy their friends and family this holiday season.
I found all the ingredients necessary for the chocolate peppermint cake and the Hot Artichoke Dip at Walmart. If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more!
What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup of water
- 8 ounces Peppermint Crunch Baking bits
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- Combine all cake ingredients except peppermint baking chips in bowl. Beat at low speed 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed. Stir in peppermint chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (check your box for directions) Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in bowl. Beat at low speed until powdered sugar is moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat until creamy. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle with additional candy or crushed hard peppermint candy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 303 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 62mg Sodium 247mg Carbohydrates 31g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 21g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g
What do you like to bring to friends and family during the holidays?