We were hosting our final confirmation group last weekend and if I learned anything, 16-year-old girls love sweet over savory. Well, at least this group of 13 does. Looking for an easy Cake Mix Cookie Bar Recipe.
The meeting came up quicker than I could prepare so I hit the pantry for any shortcut ideas. Finding a box of chocolate cake mix, I decided to adapt the Cake Mix Blondie recipe I made for them a few months ago, and make a triple chocolate cookie bar made from Chocolate Cake Mix.
I had run out of chocolate chips so I added white chocolate chips, and maybe too many. If you need a recipe to feed a crowd in a pinch, these cookie bars made from cake mix are definitely the way to go. Of course, you can always make cake mix cookies in a pinch too.
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Bar Cookies
This is a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen. Only a few ingredients and in about 10 minutes your dessert batter is made for any dessert-loving crowd.
The batter will be very stiff, but if you feel it is un-spreadable, add another tablespoon of water. You don’t want it runny though. Remember it is cookie dough.
Look what comes out of the oven. Your kitchen will be bursting with amazing scents.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS : dark, semi-sweet or white
- Candy Coated Candy
BEST WAY TO SERVE CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
Serve it slightly warm for the ultimate flavor burst in your mouth.Maybe add a scoop of vanilla ice cream too. I simply covered them up and cut them the next day.
How can anyone resist this incredibly easy sweet treats? They are a little crumbly but that might be because I baked them too long. Be sure to check on them before the timer goes off.
Bar Cookies from Chocolate Cake Mix Recipe
Who would like a bite?
Be sure to pin this for your next last-minute chocolate cake dessert to feed a crowd.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 18.25 ounce package cake mix or 15.3 plus 1 box of pudding
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 2 cups chocolate chips, white and semisweet combo if desired
- 1 4 oz instant pudding mix (if smaller cake mix box), chocolate or vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In A Large Bowl, mix in water and egg, then stir in cake mix and pudding if using. Finally, mix in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. Check at 25 minutes as you do not want to overcook these. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 5mgSodium 129mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.