Valentine’s Day Themed Simply Layered cookies in a Jar is a great way to say thank you to a teacher, babysitter or neighbor this valentines Day. This is an activity the kids can help with if you don’t mind a little mess on the counter and the recipient can choose when to make the sweet treat!! Valentine’s Day Layered cookies in a Jar are easy to make and the kids will love them too. The kids used the leftover foam hearts from the heart garland to make valentines for their teachers which also serve as the directions tag! Post Updated 1/17/17 Be sure to scroll down for the free Printable.
How to make Cookies in a Jar
What you need:
TIPS for Simply Layered Cookies In a Jar :
- Just be sure to press the ingredients lightly with each layer addition or you will run out of room.
- This recipe can be adapted for any occasion.
- Use whatever we have in the pantry to equal the 1 1/2 cups of chips. (m&ms, toffee bites, white chips etc…)
- If you don’t have fabric, a cupcake liner will work on smaller lids. Just glue it on.
How to Decorate Cookies in a Jar
I bought 1/2 yard of fabric at JoAnn’s and it cost 1.75, will make a lot of covers!!
- Use a canning funnel to help keep the mess down, seemed to work well for the kids.
recipe for baking directions
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 758 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 272mg Carbohydrates: 99g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 57g Protein: 15g
We hope you make a bunch of these for all your Valentine’s this year and we would love to see how you package them. Or try our Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee Recipe as a great Valentine’s Day gift too.