I thought once the holidays past I would not be in the position to be making treats but here again I find myself in a situation that I need an easy and last-minute Valentine’s Day treat. This time it is for the 60 employees at my daughter’s school.
No, I don’t have to make everything just a contribution. Not feeling in the mood to bake anything, I decided on this super easy and very addicting White Chocolate Popcorn, with Valentine’s Day twist. Check out our other easy to make Valentines Day Gifts for under $5.
Valentine’s Day Treat– White Chocolate Popcorn
This is such a fun and easy treat that you really don’t need a special holiday to make it. You can also use colored chocolate melts in whatever theme you might want and of course switch out the sprinkles and the M & M’s.
This would be a great recipe to go inside the You are a Pop-ular teacher or You really make me Pop Valentines.
I made the mistake of not taking out the unpopped kernels while I was melting the chocolate so I had to fish it out later. A little messy, so be sure and do this before adding any chocolate.
The kids will enjoy making this with you just expect to have a lot missing.
It would be adorable packaged up in small bags
Or as presented in a big bowl for a party,
Either way, you may want to make a double batch of the white chocolate popcorn mix.
What You Need For White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- 1 cup of unpopped kernels or microwave popcorn (yields 16 cups popcorn)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips or candy bark
- Valentine’s Day colored sprinkles
- Valentine’s Day M & M’s
- Parchment or wax paper
- Make popcorn per your preferred method
- When popping slows, remove from heat and spread popcorn in a single layer on parchment paper. Try to remove any unpopped kernels at this time.
- While popcorn cools, melt a bag of white chocolate chips/bark in a microwave-safe bowl at 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Coat popcorn with the white chocolate and mix without smooshing the kernels
- Immediately follow by decorating with Valentine’s or decorative sprinkles & M& M;s.
- Allow 1 hour for the chocolate to harden.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Be sure and put somewhere out of reach, this will go fast
Check out our other easy to make Valentines Day Gifts for under $5.