Inexpensive DIY Valentine’s Day Popcorn Teacher Gift Idea
My daughter and I loved the popcorn, my son and husband did not care for it. Here is a great post to find 20 yummy popcorn recipes to try for this teacher gift.
If you want to make large batches of popcorn at once we love our Whirley Popcorn Maker, an Old school popcorn maker we have been using for the past 10 years and hopefully 10 more..
Dark Chocolate Covered Popcorn Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Popcorn Recipe2017-01-17 09:46:00Write a reviewIngredients
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated and 2 tablespoons brownsugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tbspoons buttter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
Close To Home https://stayingclosetohome.com/
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F Oil a baking pan with sides.
- Place popcorn(making sure to take out all unpopped kernals) I didn't into a large, metal bowl, and set aside. Stir together the sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla, then pour over the popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is well coated. Spread the popcorn into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool to room temperature. Break into small clumps, and store in an airtight container.
- 1 cup of unpopped popcorn kernels will yield about 2 quarts of popped corn.
My other all time favorite popcorn recipe is this White Chocolate Covered Popcorn. You can make it to adapt to any holiday by adding themed candy or drizzling it with colored chocolate.
- 2 bags microwave popcorn or 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 12 – 16 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 C M &M’s or other holiday candy
- 3/4 C peanuts (or more M & M’s)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips-optional
- Pop popcorn, remove unpopped kernels. Put popcorn in a big bowl. In separate bowl, mix together melted white chocolate and M & M’s, until coated with white chocolate. Pour over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn with white chocolate. Spread onto two jelly roll pans or cookie sheets.
- Optional--Drizzle with melted dark or milk chocolate. Let it sit until chocolate has hardened and popcorn breaks apart in bit pieces.
Who would you give thisInexpensive DIY Valentine’s Day Popcorn Teacher Gift Idea to?
Don’t Forget to Download and print the popcorn Valentines Gift Tag for these adorable Inexpensive DIY Valentine’s Day Popcorn Teacher Gift!
Other Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas You might like: