If you like the mixture of Baked Brie and Fruit we have a festive but easy appetizer for your next holiday party. If you can keep it warm it is also a great appetizer to take to a pot luck. Either way, you can make the cranberry compote ahead of time and just bring it to room temperature when you are ready to serve. This Creamy Baked Brie with Cranberry Compote will be a crowd pleaser.
How to MakeCreamy Baked Brie with Cranberry Compote
Similar to making cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, make the compote ahead of time if you are strapped for time.
Prepare your brie for baking. If you prefer not to serve the skin, simply take off the top leaving about 1/4 inch of the skin on to maintain its shape while baking.
Just look how creamy this in when it comes out of the oven. Topped with the cranberry this brie is amazingly creamy. For another make ahead cheesy recipe be sure to check out the Make ahead CheeseBall
Serve with crackers or baguettes.
Who wants a bite?
Creamy Baked Brie with Cranberry Compote Recipe
Other Holiday Appetizer Recipes you might like:
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 ounces Fresh or frozen Cranberries, divided
- 1 TBS Orange Zest
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, packed
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 8 ounce round of Brie
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For Serving: Crackers, Baguette Slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Compote: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook OJ and sugar until sugar is dissolved, being sure to stir. occasionally. Bring to a boil. Add half of the cranberries and cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberries burst, about 5-6 minutes. Add the remaining cranberries and bring to a boil. Immediately remove the pan from heat and stir in the orange zest and thyme. Season to taste with a pinch of salt. Set aside, uncovered, to cool to room temperature.
- For the Baked Brie: Score the top of the brie in a crosshatch pattern with a paring knife. If you don't like the rind, simply cut off the top, leaving 1/4 of an inch around. Transfer to a cookie tray. Spread Olive oil over cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until cheese is very soft, about 15-20 minutes. Spoon any liquid over the cheese and let rest to firm up slightly, about 5 minutes.
- To Serve: Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese and serve with crackers or baguette slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 143mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 4g
Pin this for the next time you need an impressive yet simple Holiday Appetizer Recipe. Creamy Baked Brie Cheese will be in our rotation for years to come