I recently made this Double Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe again for my husband’s 50th birthday party. Unfortunately, I did not get any good shots of the final piece so I will keep the old shots on this post.
What will you be making dad for Father’s Day dinner this year? Here is a great way to end the meal with this amazing Double Chocolate Cheesecake recipe. The best part of making a cheesecake recipe is that you can and really should make this in advance, as the flavors need to sit and meld at least overnight.
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I had never made a 2 layered cheesecake before so this was a fun challenge. Next time I will try to divide my batter more evenly.
You can also experiment with different layers, like chocolate and peanut butter, or plain and chocolate or white and dark chocolate. Just follow the recipe and substitute flavored chips. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
You really should not be intimidated by making cheesecakes. Once you successfully make one you will realize just how easy they are and perfect for entertaining. The key is to have all the ingredients at room temperature.
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE CRUST FOR CHEESECAKES
Using a food processor, plastic bag and pastry roller or a blender chop up the chocolate cookies into a fine powder.
Add the Butter and press evenly into
a springform pan.
I made this cheesecake recipe in my food processor this time. How easy is that? You can make it in a mixer or blender too.
Split the batter and add your melted chips. You can use these flavors or add your own touch to this cheesecake recipe.
Stir in the dark chocolate chips until you get an even colored batter and layer that ontop of the crust.
Be sure to just layer the second batter, no need to stir it or blend it into the bottom layer.
Bake the cheesecake and allow it to cool completely in the pan.
They will taste the best if allowed to sit in the fridge overnight. This would even be great 2 days after you make it. Just be sure it is completely wrapped so the air does not get to it and other flavors in the fridge can ruin it.
CAN YOU FREEZE A CHEESECAKE?
Yes, that is exactly what I did for the party. When I removed the cooled and refrigerated cheesecake I placed it onto a cardboard cake round. Then wrap it in plastic wrap then tinfoil and into a freezer bag.
Allow it to defrost in the fridge overnight before serving.
I know they are not the prettiest cakes out of the oven, but just wait until you cut a slice, your guests will be impressed with this double layer cheesecake recipe.
For the party, I put a jar of hot fudge into the microwave to slightly warm it up so it would pour. Then poured it on top of the cheesecake… OH SO YUMMY. You can also just drizzle some on each piece.
Decadently Delicious Double Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 3 packages, 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened ( I used 1/3 less fat)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg, s
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted (see note about different flavors)
- Fudge Topping, optional
- FOR CRUST
- vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- or 1 box chocolate wafer cookies and 1/3 cup butter melted.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt; beat until well blended.
- Place half of the batter in a separate bowl. Stir melted chocolate into one bowl of cream cheese mixture and melted white chocolate chips into the second. (if you want plain cheesecake flavor don’t add the extra chips) Spread chocolate mixture in prepared crust. Gently spread 2nd half batter mixture over chocolate mixture. Do not stir.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. (For less cracking of cheesecake surface bake in a water bath.) Remove from oven to wire rack. With a knife, loosen cake from side of the pan. Cool completely; remove side of the pan. Cover; refrigerate. Best if done overnight.
- To serve, drizzle each slice with warmed fudge topping if desired. You can also freeze individual slices if you have any leftovers.
For the Crust:
- CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 cookies, crushed), 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/3 cup butter (melted) in a medium bowl.
- Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 333Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 69mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 4g