This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #12DaysofPancakes #CollectiveBias
The holidays are about getting together with friends and family but hosting holiday dinners and parties can be overwhelming. We all have so much to do and our to do lists are never ending. Have you ever thought about making a special breakfast instead? Over the years, we have made everything from traditional brunches to Waffle Bars for our breakfast parties. Breakfast is such a great time to bring everyone together without the stress of preparing a big dinner. An added plus is that everyone probably has fewer conflicts. My family loves pancake breakfasts, so I decided to doctor up some pancake mix and create a holiday favorite: Hot Cocoa Pancakes with Peppermint Glaze.
I know it looks and sounds decadent, but you likely already have the ingredients in your pantry.
If not, I found everything I needed at Walmart. I picked up a box of Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete pancake mix (the one where you just add water), some Aunt Jemima Syrup, as well as unsweetened cocoa, marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate chips and peppermint chips (you can also use peppermint extract).
It is so simple to make an ordinary pancake breakfast into something extraordinary. Hot Cocoa is just an iconic holiday drink—why not incorporate the flavors into your breakfast too? Your family will be so thrilled to gather around the table to indulge in this special holiday treat! Simply mix the ingredients together and cook the pancakes as you would normally. The result will be a rich chocolate batter. While the pancakes are cooking, melt some chocolate and peppermint chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Stirring in-between until melted. When melted, add syrup until you get a desired consistency to drizzle over the whipped cream.
Top your pancakes with whipped cream, a drizzle of the chocolate glaze, marshmallows and extra chips if you like peppermint. If you don’t care for peppermint, simply melt chocolate chips and mix with the syrup.
Is your mouth watering yet? Are the kids begging you to make a batch this holiday season? This is one breakfast your family will not forget and will probably request every year.
Here is the view from the top!
These hot cocoa pancakes are so easy to put together. Why not layer the ingredients in a jar, and gift to a neighbor? This recipe-in-a-jar idea would make a great teacher gift too. Give it along with a hot cocoa cone for the ultimate holiday gifting idea.
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1-2 TBS sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips- divided
- 1 tablespoon mint chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Aunt Jemima Original Syrup
- Mix the pancake mix, cocoa, sugar, cocoa powder, 1/2 into a small mixing bowl and add 1 cup plus 1 TBS cool water. Whisk until fully incorporated and it is the consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat a skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over low-med heat, allow the pan to get hot, then begin cooking your pancakes.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and peppermint chips (if using) in microwave for 30 seconds intervals until melted. Stirring in between. Add Aunt Jemima Syrup and stir until desired drizzling consistency.
- Once ready to serve, plate your pancakes whipped cream, additional chocolate chips, the reserved mini marshmallows and the peppermint drizzle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477 Saturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 178mg Carbohydrates: 53g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 30g Protein: 7g