Thanks to PurpleTrail for letting us customize our own weekly menu planner to create this post about how to make a weekly menu plan. This post does contain affiliate links.
How to Make a Weekly Menu Plan
- Create a list of trusted recipes. Then add any new dishes you have been wanting to try
- Review your schedule. How many days will you have whole family home, what days will you have less prep time, special occasions.
- Choose the recipes for the week.
- Plug the recipes into your schedule. Mix up the proteins if possible.
- Make Your Shopping List for the Week
- Figure out what you already have. Cross off those items from your the grocery list.
- Note when you need to take things out of freezer to defrost.
- Cook and repeat for the next week.
Check out all our yummy easy weeknight meals for families or our 10 Easy Weeknight Dinners using Rotisserie Chicken
What are some good paper planners.
Have you heard of PurpleTrail planners?
The make customizable mom planners, weekly planners or a planner for the school year…or really anything you need it for your business or home.
Check out their websites, they have lots of formats, add-ons and options to choose from!
You can customize any of the styles they have.
We think PurpleTrail is a bit different from our competitors and that you’ll appreciate the add-on choices, customization options, impressive customer service and quality.
Please keep in mind there are endless for both cover and inside customization options – that’s really our secret recipe! 🙂
Purpletrail planners come in three sizes (6×8, 8.5×11, 4×6), with three cover options (hard, laminate or synthetic) and include fully customized covers and a selection of inside pages.
We went with the weekly meal planner, but they have a variety of formats specifically customized for your needs: weekly, monthly, daily, teacher, student, mom/parent, wedding and our newest meal and tiny planners.
Here is our final product, I love that they are made in the USA.
We were able to customize the planner starting in September so you don’t have to wait to use it.