My husband has converted me to a bourbon fan. We have created some fun bourbon drinks and Bourbon Dessert recipes in the past but this one takes the lead. A friend sent me a link to a bourbon slushy recipe and I knew I had to try it.
My husband has turned me on to Bourbon. I am not quite sure how that started but now when I go out to a restaurant and check out the cocktail menu, I am seeking a yummy drink with Bourbon. Unlike him, I can not drink it on the rocks but with a fruity mix, I am on in.
For these Iced Tea Slushy drinks, we used the Iced Passion Herbal Tea Concentrate. The only waiting time with this drink is allowing the mixture to freeze. The recipe suggests a minimum of 4 hours but this was not enough for this drink. It is best if you have time to make them the night before.
How to Make a Bourbon Slush Recipe
3 Simple Ingredients for a Bourbon Slushy
- Iced Tea
- Frozen Limeade Concentrate
- Bourbon (Don’t skimp here find a decent one that won’t give you a headache)
- Ginger Ale
Make your favorite Iced Tea Recipe. Mix an equal part of Iced Tea, mix in the Limemade Concentrate and Bourbon. That is all you need for these yummy summer drinks.
Be sure to use a container that can go into the freezer. Place it in the freezer and wait for the magic to work.
Take out your Iced Tea Mixture and spoon some into a glass. Top it off with some cold ginger ale.
This is the best drink for a hot summer day. Be careful you will want more than one!! Check this out for more 15 Refreshing Homemade Ice Tea Recipes
If you drink bourbon how do you like to drink it in the summer?
Bourbon Slushie Cocktail Recipe
- 2 cup TAZO Iced Passion Tea Concentrate**
- 2 Cup Cold Water
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled, for serving
- In a large container, combine the Ice Tea Concentrate tea, Water, limeade concentrate and bourbon.
- 3. Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 to 6 hours or preferably overnight until the slush is firm all the way through.
- 4. Scoop the bourbon slush into a tumbler glass, top with ginger ale and serve.
Use strong brewed sweet tea, homemade or store-bought
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 0gSugar 29gProtein 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.