I have been making sheet pan dinners for a while. Especially with hectic weeknights, you can prep most of them the night before and then just bake at dinner time. In fact, you could prep most sheet pan dinners while the oven is heating up.
It really depends if you need to marinate the meat first. This Incredibly Easy Italian Sausage and Pepper
Sheet Pan Dinner can be prepped either earlier in the day or while the oven is preheating.
You don’t have to worry about dirty pans and cleanup is a breeze.
When it’s just the family, I just serve the sheet pan on the table, talk about no sweat dinners.
How to make sheet pan dinners:
Our grocery store had thick asparagus so I was able to start them when I started my Italian sausage. If they are thin, I would advise adding them halfway during the baking process to avoid them burning.
HOW TO ROAST VEGETABLES
Simply dress the cut veggies with olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and a little garlic salt. It could not be simpler than this.
Top the peppers and onion mixture with the Italian sausage. I used a mix of turkey and pork and spicy and sweet. The choice is yours.
Bake away. Set a timer for 20 minutes and turn over the sausages and mix up the veggies a little. This is the time to add the thinner asparagus.
HOW LONG SHOULD I BAKE ITALIAN SAUSAGE?
My family prefers crusty sausage, like they came off the grill, so after another 20 minutes of baking, I took off the asparagus, moved the sausage to the other half of the pan, and broiled the sausage for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Just don’t leave the area while you do this.
Incredibly Easy Italian Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Dinner
You might like this other Italian Sausage Recipe: Easy Dinner Recipes: Sausage and Pepper Kebabs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 12 link Italian Sausage, hot, mild, turkey, pork
- 2 bell peppers, sliced, any color
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle kosher salt, add more at the end to taste
- sprinkle pepper
- sprinkle garlic salt
- 1 lb asparagus
- Heat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Add peppers, garlic onions to a baking sheet. Add the olive oil, garlic salt, salt and pepper and toss. Put the sausages ontop of these vegetables.
- Add asparagus to other side and toss with olive oil and salt.
- Bake until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Turn over sausage and veggies half way thru.
- for a deeper color, broil sausage for 5-10 minutes watching carefully. Feel free to remove asparagus at this point.
Feel free to half, or even double this recipe. Just use additional sheet pans to accommodate larger amounts.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 683Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 39gCholesterol 119mgSodium 1317mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 40g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.