Let me introduce myself, I am Caitlin you know the one who used to do Cooking with Caitlin? Well I am back! I wish I could give you a good excuse but I don’t have one… Well today I don’t have any school and its getting close to St Patricks day so I thought why not do a recipe? I looked on Pinterest and found this yummy looking bundt cake recipe. I will be baking a Lemon Lime Pound Cake Recipe. I have never tried anything like that before. So I decided to do the recipe. My great grandmother has a famous pound cake recipe but I have not tried that one on my own yet.
Then, a genius idea (at that time) came to my head. Why not make a video like on of my idol, Bethany Mota? Well I asked my mom and she said sure as long as I edit the video. Well it only went downhill from there. I won’t give you the details but there was some yelling involved…. So back to the recipe. The recipe was challenging because I never tried something like that before and that I was trying to film too. Without further ado here is the recipe.
It is very important to cream your butter well when making a pound cake recipe. It is easiest to use room temperature butter.
Add the flour slowly so you don’t have a big mess on your hands.
I think this is the perfect color green, I did not want to add too much food coloring.
Lemon Lime Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, lowfat works
- 1/3 cup key lime juice or lemon juice
- 5 large eggs- room temp
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- green food coloring, optional
- for the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons key lime juice or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in lowest position. Grease and flour a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans. We used cooking spray like Baking Joy
- In small bowl, combine buttermilk and lime juice, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well to fully combine. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and powder in separate bowl, stir to combine. Add flour and buttermilk mixtures to butter mixture, alternating, starting and ending with flour. Do not overmix. Add in food coloring, stir just to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 110mg Sodium: 514mg Carbohydrates: 78g Sugar: 53g Protein: 6g
Prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and lime juice to a thick pouring consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let cake set for 30 minutes before serving.
The glaze is super easy to make that is why I doubled it.
Here is the final pound cake recipe, I used one of mom’s fancier bundt pans.
I would definitely try this pound cake recipe again. I really love Key Lime and you could really taste it. I made one big mistake. I really did over beat the batter. The glaze was really delicious too. I ended up making another little batch of the frosting to cover up the whole cake. For a decoration, I thought it would be a good idea to add sprinkles on the cake. Sadly, I did not know the frosting would get hard quickly. Never the less, the cake still looked pretty not to mention delicious. I really hope I will be able to do another recipe in a few weeks but if not au révoir for now.