Let me introduce myself, I am Caitlin you know the one who used to do Cooking with Caitlin? Well, I am back! I wish I could give you a good excuse but I don’t have one…
\Well today I don’t have any school and its getting close to St Patrick’s day so I thought why not do a recipe? I looked on Pinterest and found this yummy looking bundt cake recipe.
I will be baking a Lemon Lime Pound Cake Recipe. I have never tried anything like that before. So I decided to do the recipe. My great grandmother has a famous pound cake recipe but I have not tried that one on my own yet.
Then, a genius idea (at that time) came to my head. Why not make a video like one of my idol, Bethany Mota? Well, I asked my mom and she said sure as long as I edit the video.
Well, it only went downhill from there. I won’t give you the details but there was some yelling involved…. So back to the recipe. The recipe was challenging because I never tried something like that before and that I was trying to film too.
Without further ado here is the recipe for Key Lime Pound Cake
It is very important to cream your butter when making a pound cake recipe. It is easiest to use room temperature butter.
Add the flour slowly so you don’t have a big mess on your hands.
How to Make a pound cake for St. Patricks Day?
Food coloring, unfortunately. I think this is the perfect color green, I did not want to add too much food coloring.
Lemon Lime Pound Cake Recipe
WHAT FROSTING IS GOOD FOR A KEY LIME POUND CAKE?
Before adding any topping, be sure the cake is cooled. Remove from oven and let rest in pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack to cool completely.
We like to add a simple glaze to our pound cakes.
HOW TO MAKE A KEY LIME GLAZE
Prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and lime juice to a thick pouring consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Let cake sit for 30 minutes before serving.
The glaze is super easy to make that is why I doubled it.
Here is the final pound cake recipe, I used one of mom’s fancier bundt pans.
OUR THOUGHTS ON THIS EASY LIME POUND CAKE FROM SCRATCH
I would definitely try this pound cake recipe again. I really love Key Lime and you could really taste it.
I made one big mistake. I really did over beat the batter.
The glaze was really delicious too. I ended up making another little batch of the frosting to cover up the whole cake.
For decoration, I thought it would be a good idea to add sprinkles on the cake. Sadly, I did not know the frosting would get hard quickly. Never the less, the cake still looked pretty not to mention delicious.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, lowfat works
- 1/3 cup key lime juice or lemon juice
- 5 large eggs- room temp
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- green food coloring, optional
- for the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons key lime juice or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in lowest position. Grease and flour a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans. We used cooking spray like Baking Joy
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and lime juice, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well to fully combine.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda and powder in a separate bowl, stir to combine. Add flour and buttermilk mixtures to butter mixture, alternating, starting and ending with flour. Do not overmix.
- Add in food coloring, stir just to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 498 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 119mg Sodium 520mg Carbohydrates 80g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 55g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g