This shop about Minions Movie Muddy Buddies Snack Mix Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This summer we missed going to see Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. It was just released December 8th, and I picked up a copy for our winter road trips or a winter movie night. I love making themed foods for our movie nights so I decided to create a fun Minions Movie Snack Mix Recipe
. I just can’t resist those adorable characters and I love to hear their voices while I am driving and my kids are watching one of the Despicable Me movies from Illumination Entertainment. What a clever group of writers. This movie would also make a great stocking stuffer that the whole family can enjoy.
Target is a one-stop shop and I usually end up buying way more than I intended. I was headed there for some Christmas shopping when I saw the large display of Minions Movie Blu-Ray/DVD MetalPak.
When I bought the DVD last week they were even offering a $5 Gift Card. I just love Target. Since I was already at Target, I could also buy some yummy ingredients to create this Minions Movie Snack Mix. Target really is the best place to shop when you need supplies and groceries.
How to Make Minions Movie Muddy Buddies Snack Mix Recipe
For this Minions Snack Mix you will need, Vanilla Wafers chocolate chips, peanut butter, Oat cereal, powdered sugar, yellow and blue candy discs, candy eyes and I decided to add some of these yummy chocolate covered banana chips.
Basically, this recipe is a muddy buddies snack mix with a few additions to create my Minions theme. To make the Goggles I placed a yellow chocolate disc on a vanilla wafer and put them in a 200 degree oven until the chocolate was soft enough to stick a candy eye ball, about 5 minutes.
I tried it with round pretzels but the chocolate did not stick.
To make the base of the snack mix, melt chocolate chips with peanut butter in the microwave.
To make the Muddy Buddies : Add the cereal and mix well.
Cover the chocolate cereal immediately with powdered sugar. I like to put the mixture in a bag and shake!
I also made some blue cereal pieces, just melt blue candy discs, add your cereal and then shake in only a small amount of powdered sugar to allow the color to show through.
Allow the cereal mix to cool completely.
Then add the rest of your yummy ingredients to create your Minions mix.
You can store this in a sealable container until ready to serve.
I am excited to watch the Minions movie and watch the 40 Minutes of Target Exclusive Bonus Content. Great if you plan on throwing a Minions Birthday Party.
- MINIONS PARTY PLANNER: Join the Minions as they help fans create a selection of fun party essentials inspired by the Minion movie. From invitations to decorations, to recipes and everything in-between, the Minions will help create the perfect party. It includes great tips such as:
- It’s party Time
- Fun Party Foods for a Minions Party
- Party Games
- Minions Party Arts & Crafts
Join in the Minions Fun and grab your copy. A great Holiday Gift idea. Don’t forget to grab some other ingredients at Target to create this fun Minions Movie Snack mix too!
Minions Movie Muddy Buddies Mix
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Toasted Oat cereal
- Powdered Sugar 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Vanilla wafers
- Yellow chocolate discs
- Edible eye balls
- 10 Blue Chocolate discs, 1/2 cup cereal
- Chocolate covered banana chips, optional
- Heat oven to 200 Degrees
- Place a chocolate disc on each vanilla wafer
- Heat for about 5 minutes until disc is soft and add the edible eye, allow to cool.
- Microwave the peanut butter and chips for 30 second intervals, stirring each time
- Add Toasted oat cereal and stir until covered
- Add to a bag and cover with confectionary sugar. Shake until cereal covered.
- Melt Blue discs and cover cereal, repeat with powdered sugar.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 463Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 4mgSodium 223mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 5gSugar 31gProtein 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What would you add to this snack mix?