This is a crazy but fun month as I will be headed away for 2 girl weekends. Shh let’s not remind the husband that he becomes full-time dad for those weekends full of athletic games, birthday parties etc.
So you have chosen your destination, whether it is a planned reunion or just a fun getaway with the girls for shopping or spa retreats, now the next big question is what to pack for your Girls Weekend Getaway. This post may contain affiliate links that help support our blog!
So much of the attire depends completely on the location and temperature so these are just basic guidelines or a check list to get you started. Remember, there is no hubby or boyfriend around to carry your massive full size bag, you need to be independent and able to strut around town looking glamorous but not overwhelmed with luggage.
What to Pack on your Next Girls Weekend Getaway
- First, of course, is an appropriately sized carry-on bag. To save on Airport fees and back pain find one that is small enough to fit in the overhead of a plane.
- Have a few clothes items that pack easily and don’t have to be ironed. Ideally ones that you can roll up and pack.
- Shoes are the hardest for me. I try to wear the biggest pair while traveling and pack the smaller flats, gym shoes and flip flops. Don’t pack the cowboy boots they will take up half your bag.
- Pack your makeup bag with the basics with you. Remember hotels have shampoos and conditioners and blow dryers so only pack the hair products you really need.
- If you plan on checking your bag, I like to pack my makeup bag and one outfit in a carry on. Just in case. You will also have your makeup handy for a touch up before you make it to your destination.
- Have your travel outfit. You are most likely not going to be on the same flight with the same people so don’t feel bad by wearing the same clothes you wore to your destination. It saves on luggage. If that grosses you out, wear the same jeans and just bring a new top.
- Be sure and download any music or books before you head out. If you wait for the airport or car, it is not going to happen due to lack of WI-FI or just poor connection. You can find great Kindle Book Deals Here.
8. Leave a little room for souvenirs for the kids. Even though it’s a girls weekend getaway, I always say they don’t need anything but when the other moms start buying stuff I end up getting them something little too.
9. Snacks are so important. You never want to get stuck hungry and not having any good options. I love
Find the final 10 Items to Pack HereMORE PACKING TIPS
Thought I would share this cute graphic I found on Created for Creating.
I packed up these cute little bags for my girlfriends with a few things I always want to have on hand while traveling.
What are your must haves for a girls weekend getaway?