Red Velvet Cookies Recipe is a holiday favorite for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day like Red Velvet batter. I fell that you can find red velvet recipes from coffee syrups to yogurt flavors. It is the newest fad in cooking I guess. This year’s cookie exchange recipe was inspired from a visit to Panera Bread. Check the other amazing red velvet donuts and red velvet cakes.
These Red Velvet cookies were really easy to make. I have found that most red velvet recipes are not very moist but I like the addition of white chocolate chips. This gave them a little extra texture and flavoring.
Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies RecipePrep Time15 minsCook Time18 minsTotal Time33 minsA red velvet cookie perfect for Valentine's DAY OR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYSCourse: DessertCuisine: cookiesKeyword: Red Velvet Cookies RecipeServings: 24Calories: 141 kcalIngredients
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips optional but great
- Confectioner's sugar
Nutrition FactsRed Velvet Cookies RecipeAmount Per ServingCalories 141 Calories from Fat 63% Daily Value*Total Fat 7g 11%Saturated Fat 3g 15%Cholesterol 18mg 6%Sodium 119mg 5%Potassium 51mg 1%Total Carbohydrates 18g 6%Sugars 11gProtein 1g 2%Vitamin A 2.6%Calcium 2%Iron 3.4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Beat in food coloring.
Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until just combined.
Drop by rounded teaspoon onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire racks. Sprinkle the tops with confectioner's sugar.