We are quickly approaching the holiday season. The beginning of school rush is over but our nights are still packed. Sheet pan dinners like this Roast Beef with Vegetables is not only a hardy meal but the leftovers are even better for busy weeknight dinners.
Like most of us we have very busy days and the last thing I want to do at night is wash a bunch of dishes after a meal. When I saw this recipe in an Everyday Food Show a couple of years ago, I could not resist trying a meal that you cook your veggies and main course in one pan and in about 1 hr!
Roast Beef with Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
Sheet pan meals are quick and easy and don’t take very long to assemble. This roasted beef recipe is a family favorite but you can substitute any other veggies your family will eat.
The best part of this Roast Beef recipe is if it you don’t eat it all in one sitting, save some extra meat for sandwiches the next day. If you have extra veggies leftover you can make them into fajitas or a Roasted Vegetable Frittata Recipe for another meal.
I love meals that you can turn into two completely different dinners. Your family will think you are a rock star.
Roast Beef with Onions, Peppers and Potatoes Recipe
- 3 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 medium red onions, halved and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 3/4 pound white new potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled (3 left whole and 2 cut into 12 slivers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds eye-of-round beef roast
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place peppers, onions, potatoes, and whole garlic cloves on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with half the oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Using a paring knife, make 12 small slits in top and sides of roast; push in garlic slivers. Move vegetables to sides of sheet. Place beef in center, and coat with remaining oil; rub all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and thyme.
- Roast 40 to 50 minutes, tossing vegetables occasionally, until tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of beef registers 130 degrees for medium-rare. Let meat stand 10 minutes, loosely tented with aluminum foil to keep warm. Cut half into very thin slices (reserve remaining half for leftovers). Serve with vegetables.
- Cool remaining beef to room temperature; place in an airtight container, or wrap in plastic, and refrigerate.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 3 slices of beef
Amount Per Serving Calories 314 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 106mg Sodium 151mg Carbohydrates 14g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Protein 39g