Who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast? This super easy Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe has a rich cake batter swirled with yummy chips and nuts.
If you can’t have nuts, I think it would be just as good without, maybe add more chocolate, did I just say that. One little piece is not going to kill you, just take an extra walk today.
Can I make this Coffee Cake ahead of time?
I made this coffeecake a few weekends ago when we had overnight guests. I made it a few days before I was going to serve it and it held very well.
Once it was cut it did not last very long, however. I can’t wait for you to grab a cup of coffee and a slice of this delicious breakfast cake, Super Easy Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe.
Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
The cake recipe has sour cream that really makes the cake moist, you can substitute plain Greek yogurt as well. Of course, no one will know you are using zero fat greek yogurts and you are adding more protein to the brunch cake.
How can you go wrong with these simple ingredients inside a moist cake, and for breakfast no doubt?
How do you make a streusel for coffee cake?
I find it easy to mix streusel topping in a mixer to make perfect crumbs. Just don’t do it too long as it will get too minced. Use two forks if you don’t want to take out the mixer again.
The chocolate streusel filling is added to both the top and middle of the cake. Don’t press too hard or the streusel will not look pretty in the cooked cake.
Other Coffee Cake Recipes You Might Like:
Print this Super Easy Recipe for Streusel Coffee Cake for your next brunch or a lazy weekend.
- For Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 8 oz container Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For Streusel
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- For Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 12 cup fluted tube pan>bundt pan, I use Bakers spray. Prepare Streusel
- (Combine all streusel ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until a crumbling mixture)
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, blend well on low speed of mixer. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add to batter, blend well
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Streusel into prepared pan. Spread 1/3 of the batter, about 1 1/3 cups in pan, sprinkle with half the remaining streusel, about 1 cup. Repeat layers, ending with batter on top.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate. Allow cooling completely before serving.
Adapted from Hershey's Incredibly Easy Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 434Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 93mgSodium 334mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
When do you think you would make this Chocolate Streusel Coffeecake recipe, special occasion or for the family?