This shop about Triple Chocolate Coffee Cake Donuts Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheFlavor #CollectiveBias
Every school day I set my alarm 30 minutes prior to the time I need to wake the kids. Why you might ask? Well I need this time to let the dog out and have a cup of coffee in silence. If anyone has traveled with me, they know if I don’t get the cup of GOOD coffee, I can be a beast. Where am I going with this you might ask, I want to share my favorite coffee creamer and coffee combination as well as a decadent Triple Chocolate Coffee Cake Donuts Recipe that pairs so nicely with that morning cup of Joe.
A few years ago I made a triple chocolate coffee cake and decided I wanted to try the recipe as a donut. The doughnuts are baked and use a cake mix for easy preparation even on a busy weekend. The only unique item you need for this recipe is a donut pan.
Since this recipe starts with a chocolate cake mix and a pudding package, it is basically made for you! Well not really, you still need to add Greek yogurt, butter and chocolate chips but how much harder can it get.
The batter is very dense and it easily makes 24 donuts. If you don’t need that many, bake the other half of the batter in a 8×8 square pan and freeze it for another weekend.
Once the donuts are cooled completely, you can make chocolate topping. Simply mix semisweet morsels with Simply Pure creamer and microwave for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
Add the melted mixture into a plastic Ziploc bag and use it to drizzle chocolate on top of the donuts.
Repeat with white chocolate morsels and top with chopped pecans. (optional but I love the additional crunch)
Any good donut deserves a nice cup of coffee. I grew up on Dunkin’ Donuts and was thrilled when I moved away from the Midwest, to find it available in grocery stores. Dunkin’ Donuts is consistently a great cup of coffee from store to shelf. It’s available in a variety of flavors and is coffee that is rich & smooth, not bitter. It’s not fancy, it’s just great coffee.
All good cups of coffee, need a good creamer. I recently tried Simply Pure after seeing a coupon at Martin’s. Thrilled to read the label to see that Simply Pure is made with real milk, cream and sugar in three simply delicious flavors, Vanilla is my first choice.
So be sure to head to Grocery store to grab all the ingredients for the Triple Chocolate Doughnuts and Save $3 when you buy creamer and coffee. Load your store rewards card with the coupon to start saving now! (valid 4/7-4/28)
Participating Coffee Brands
- Café Bustelo
- Dunkin Donuts
- Folgers Coffee
Participating Creamer Brands
- International Delight
- International Delight Simply Pure flavors
Triple Chocolate Coffee Cake Donuts Recipe
- 1 18.25-ounce package devil's food cake mix
- 1 3.9-ounce package c hocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- Vanilla Creamer
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels; pour batter evenly into 24 greased and floured donut molds or use 9x9 square pan and 12 donuts.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- Microwave white chocolate morsels with a few tablespoons of creamer in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until morsels melt and smooth; stirring at 30-second intervals until smooth. Drizzle evenly over cakes; repeat procedure with remaining cup of semisweet morsels. Sprinkle doughnuts evenly with pecans.
- Allow chocolate to set and then eat!
You will need a donut pan for this recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 574Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 124mgSodium 268mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 4gSugar 35gProtein 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Pin this for later!