It is fall and what a better time of year to mix up your traditional banana quick bread with some canned pumpkin. Double the fruit content with this amazing combination to create this Super Scrumptious Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe.
Quick breads take no time to prepare. The longest part of making quick breads, is the baking. Don’t have 45-60 minutes to bake the bread, make them into muffins and cut the time in more than half.
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
Since my family is divided on mix ins for our banana bread, we decided to make our two loaves different flavors.
HOW TO ADD TOPPINGS TO QUICK BREAD
Once you make the batter, add them to the loaf pans. Cover one with chips and the other with cut pecans. (Be sure to press them into the batter slightly)
Baked up goodness. I am not sure if I consider this a breakfast treat, a dessert or just a snack bread.
Freeze the loaves for later as well. They freeze so nicely and come in handy during the busy holiday season.
Pumpkin and banana bread is a first for me, but not a last.
I think I gobbled up a loaf on my own. It is great with a smear of cream cheese.
Other Quick Breads You Might Like:
Super Scrumptious Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
This scrumptious and easy pumpkin Banana bread recipe is the best quick bread for fall.
- 3 cups Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Lightly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease two loaf pans, (8x4 or 9x5).
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices together. In another bowl, beat sugars, oil, and eggs until combined. Add pumpkin and banana; mix well. Stir in flour mixture.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Top loaves with pecans or chips as desired. Bake for 45–60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge and pop out of pans. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Wrap bread in foil to store.
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Saturated Fat 9gCholesterol 31mgSodium 298mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 23gProtein 4g