My husband is Irish, and that is the one holiday I often skip over. I started feeling a little guilty I have not doing more for St. Pat’s Day. I thought I would recreate a St. Patrick’s Day Dessert I made 3 years ago. Back then, I could not resist the Thin Mint Truffles by Confessions of a cookbook gal. I had a girl scout in the house when I made these originally ,so I had a good supply! These were super easy to make and incredibly delicious to eat. These are so much easier than a cake pops. This time I did not have any Thin Mints and found some store brand ones at Food Lion. I have also heard Keebler makes a Grasshopper one that works great too.
Here are some of the variations of our Thin Mint Truffles that we came up with last year. I am not sure if I prefer the dark or white chocolate version. How about you?
Be careful you probably can’t eat just one of these decadent thin mint truffles. !!
Last time I made these I placed the cupcake filled with truffles in a bag and you have the perfect gift or party favor.
- 9 oz box Thin Mint Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (Low fat fine)
- White chocolate, white chocolate discs, mint chocolate chips (need to add a tsp of shortening if using real chocolate) or Dark chocolate almond bark or dark chocolate candy melts
- Crush the Thin Mints very finely. You can do this by placing them in a large Ziploc bag and rolling them with a rolling pin, or use your food processor, which is what I did.
- Once they are crushed, pour them in a large bowl and add the cream cheese or add the cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, or roll into 1 inch balls, place on a wax paper lined baking sheet, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Melt almond bark or candy melts and using a toothpick, dip truffles completely and twirl to allow the excess to drip off. Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils before set. Refrigerate until firm. You can melt some green chocolate in a Ziploc bag, cut of the tip and use as added decoration
Amount Per Serving Calories 133 Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 6mg Sodium 229mg Carbohydrates 19g Sugar 8g Protein 2g