My husband is Irish, and that is the one holiday I often skip over. I started feeling a little guilty I have not doing more for St. Pat’s Day. I thought I would recreate a St. Patrick’s Day Dessert I made 3 years ago. Back then, I could not resist the Thin Mint Truffles by Confessions of a cookbook gal.
I had a girl scout in the house when I made these originally, I had a good supply! These were super easy to make and incredibly delicious to eat.
These are so much easier than a cake pops. This time I did not have any Thin Mints and found some store brand ones at Food Lion. I have also heard Keebler makes a Grasshopper one that works great too.
What kind of Mint Cookies Should I use for Mint Truffles?
Thin Mint Truffles
Do I have to bake these truffles?
What should I coat my no bake truffles with?
Coat them with white, dark chocolate or even green candy melts. The choice is up to you!
Be careful you probably can’t eat just one of these decadent thin mint truffles. !!
Last time I made these I placed the cupcake filled with truffles in a bag and you have the perfect gift or party favor.
- 9 oz box Thin Mint Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (Low fat fine)
- White chocolate, white chocolate discs, mint chocolate chips (need to add a tsp of shortening if using real chocolate) or Dark chocolate almond bark or dark chocolate candy melts
- Crush the Thin Mints very finely. You can do this by placing them in a large Ziploc bag and rolling them with a rolling pin, or use your food processor, which is what I did.
- Once they are crushed, pour them in a large bowl and add the cream cheese or add the cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, or roll into 1 inch balls, place on a wax paper lined baking sheet, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Melt almond bark or candy melts and using a toothpick, dip truffles completely and twirl to allow the excess to drip off. Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils before set. Refrigerate until firm
- . You can melt some green chocolate in a Ziploc bag, cut of the tip and use as added decoration
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 6mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.