You can call these a no-bake cookie recipe unless you decide to bake the chocolate chip cookies that go inside. I purchased store-bought cookie dough and then baked them crispy and then made the filling. You can also purchase a thin crisp cookie and then make these as well.
Either way, the result is a one bite chocolate Chip Cookie Ball that melts in your mouth. These are similar to an Oreo Ball , cream cheese and cookie crumbs, just different cookie. Be sure to also check out our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
One Bite Chocolate Chip Cookie Balls or Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
First things first, you need nice crispy chocolate chip cookies. Using a food processor crush them into crumbs.
They should look like this. Take out about 1/4 of a cup if you wish to sprinkle the crumbs on top of each ball. I did this to distinguish between the Dough and the cookie balls.
Add a bar of softened cream cheese and process until mixed well.
Scoop and then roll out the balls into even circles. We use an ice cream scoop to get even sized portions.
Allow the balls to cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and then dip them into melted chocolate. Your choice if you want to change the chocolate colors or type.
Allow to cool completely and then display onto a plate for your guests to go crazy. These are the perfect cookie exchange recipe since you can also make them ahead and freeze them.
Now that we showed you just how easy these are, are you ready to make them?
One Bite Chocolate Chip Cookie Balls (Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles)
- 1 16.5 oz Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- PREPARE cookies following package directions; however, bake for 14 to 18 minutes until crisp and golden brown but not burnt. (Crisp cookies will make it easier to grind the cookies later.) Let cookies cool completely on wire racks.
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- CRUMBLE cookies into food processor container; cover. Process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cream cheese; process until mixture begins to hold together. Mixture will be dark in color.
- ROLL or scoop mixture into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- MICROWAVE morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- DIP balls completely into melted chocolate with a fork. Use the side of the bowl or shake gently to remove excess chocolate. Return to baking sheet; dust truffles with cocoa. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
If you do not have a food processor, the cooled, crisp cookies can be finely chopped with a knife, placed in a bowl and then mixed with cream cheese. This will result in a less ground cookie truffle.
Amount Per Serving Calories 5
Be sure to pin this for when you are ready to pick a no-bake dessert idea.