This shop You’ve Been BOOed Ideas Plus Chocolate Bar Caramel Corn Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
There is nothing more exciting than when the kids were little and they woke up to find a fun Halloween treat at the front door. They were BOO’d by a neighbor or friend and we had to do the same now.
It is so fun to go shopping and grab a few items and fill a bag or plastic pumpkin with treats for another neighbor. They truly enjoyed the nighttime thrill of going in the dark and not being seen by the members of the household.
We have not been BOOed in a few year, so I look forward to starting this tradition again with some of the newer families in the neighborhood.
Let’s do Some Friendly Neighborhood BOO’ing:
We picked up a bag MARS® Spider-Man Chocolate/Sugar Variety Bag (400 pieces) only available at Walmart. Since there are so many allergies out there I love that they have a variety of both chocolate and non-chocolate candies.
Kids typically take handfuls our of our Frankenstein pumpkin, so this way we are set for the whole night.
You’ve Been BOOed Ideas
We decided we would use some of the chocolate bars to make a yummy treat to include in our BOOing kit. Caramel is a big fall flavor, why not make some candy bar caramel popcorn.
Chocolate Bar Carmel Corn recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser any time of year, especially with all the candy kids acquire each year.
What type of popcorn works best for homemade caramel corn?
Obviously the main ingredient is popcorn. In the past. have popped ours in the microwave in a paper bag. You can use Air popped corn too.
Premade Bagged popcorn may have too much flavoring that takes away from the recipe. Microwave popcorn should be plain no added butter etc.
This is an easy caramel popcorn recipe. It does not require a candy thermometer and the caramel is made in less than 10 minutes. Just DO NOT WALK AWAY!
Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and toss so the popcorn until it is all evenly coated.
This is the longest part of the process. Baking the popcorn for one hour. Set a timer for 15 minutes increments and stir the mixture around.
Once your popcorn is cooled, add some chopped chocolate bars into the mixture. You can then sprinkle melted chocolate chips and add sprinkles but that is purely optional.
Now to make our booing kit to surprise our neighbors. First bag up your popcorn in cellophane bags.
Then pack up some MARS® Candy and other treats like stickers all packaged in fun American Greetings products like the ones in this post.
You’ve Been BOOed Ideas
Pack it all up and you are ready to send the kids out to share this fun. Don’t forget to grab a you’ve been BOOed printable.
Get the Spider-Man Homecoming DVD & Blu-Ray on October 17th at Walmart.
Interested in finding the MARS® Variety bag for your BOO Kit? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and buy it!
You’ve Been BOOed Chocolate Bar Caramel Corn Recipe
- 10 cups plain air popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 “mini” candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted-to drizzle over popcorn (optional)
- Decorative sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat. Gently stir until all of the popcorn is covered.
- Place popcorn on one large shallow baking sheet and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour. Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely.
- Break popcorn into pieces and mix in chopped chocolate candy bars.
- Optional: Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to set then store at room temperature in an airtight container.
if doubling be sure to double the pans to bake popcorn too.
Amount Per Serving Calories 367 Saturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 442mg Carbohydrates 46g Fiber 1g Sugar 43g Protein 1g