REDO recipe from 2013. I wish my 14 year old still had time to cook with me. I remade these Ina Garten blondies recipe for a last minute cocktail party. I loved that you can bake them then freeze them until you are ready to serve. They are rich enough that you only have to make small serving slices. The commentary is still the same from my daughter Caitlin.
This week on Cooking With Caitlin I will be talking about a new Ina Garten recipe that can be found in her new cookbook called Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust This cookbook was a gift to my mom, Maria, for mother’s day but I have been using it a lot too. When my mom said I need to make a dessert for my soccer team party went straight to the cook book. I found this Recipe called Chocolate Chunk Blondies. They have walnuts and chocolate chunks for nice treat. Without further ado, here is the recipe to these amazing Chocolate Chunk Blondies.
Ina Garten blondies recipe
Chocolate Chunk Blondies Recipe by Barefoot Contessa recipes always start with room temperature butter so they can cream nicely with the sugar.
Here I am reading from the cookbook, hope mine come out as nice!
Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top was the hardest part. Mom had to come help a bit with this.
This Blondie recipe is so dense, you definitely need to cut them into small pieces. Great for a crowd.
The recipe suggests it makes 12, but those would be huge and very rich. Since we were going to a party my mom cut them in rows of 8 by 5 for a total of 40 pieces. Since this is not the only kid friendly dessert there I think it will be a great size to taste this amazing Barefoot Contessa recipe. Also by using pan lining paper you can easily take them out of the pan and cut them smaller.
This is a very easy recipe and very delicious too and my whole soccer team loved them. I hope to try more of Ina’s recipes in the future but for now I am just going to enjoy the leftovers from the party if the were any (hint hint). My mom kept a few behind and she might even freeze them to defrost for a quick weeknight dessert!
Caitlin and I have decided to partner with a community of bloggers called Kids Cook Monday. Together with this community we are trying to emphasize the importance of cooking with the entire family. The posts each Monday (we hope) will be anything from a favorite family recipe to family cooking videos to stories of the family dinner. I hope you will join us as we bring the family back into the kitchen!!
What do you like in your Blondies? I am thinking a little vanilla ice cream on top for an amazing and easy dessert recipe.
ina garten blondies recipe
- 1/2 pound 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate chunks, such as Nestle's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 12 x 2 inch baking pan. I used pan lining paper which made these easy to cut.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on high-speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, and mix well, scraping down the bowl.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and with the mixer still on low, slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Fold the walnuts and chocolate chunks in with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes exactly. Don't overbake! A toothpick may not come out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.
cut into 12 pieces or smaller for bigger crowds.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa--FOOLPROOF
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 320 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 153mg Carbohydrates 36g Fiber 2g Sugar 25g Protein 4g