This post about Ina Garten Blueberry Muffin was updated since it was originally posted. This was my turn to pick one of this month’s Ina Garten Recipes for Barefoot Bloggers.
Unfortunately, when I received the email we were out of town, but more importantly away from my cookbooks. I could only think about the wonderful blueberry muffins
I had these delicious blueberry muffins once before but had never posted about. Plus it is the blueberry season in most parts of the country so I was thrilled to make them again w/o frozen berries.
As I am typing this post I keep going to the fridge to grab a handful of the berries we picked today. For local readers, Swift Creek Berry Farm is still open for business and full of berries.
The first time I made them my husband kept asking me if I bought them!! I will take that as a huge compliment.
What you need for these Barefoot Contessa blueberry muffins:
The ingredients for Blueberry Muffins are pretty simple too. If you don’t have buttermilk, make your own buttermilk.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (we used half whole wheat white flour)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken
- 1/4 lb (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- For the Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
Do you like to put a pad of butter on your warm muffins? I like them straight up but they honestly tasted better when they were cooled.
If You Make Ina Garten’s Blueberry Muffins, a Few Tips
1. Make sure your butter cools off a bit after melting it. Melt the butter in the microwave as you gather your other ingredients so it can cool slightly before adding it and watching it cook your eggs!!
2. Be sure not to zest any of the lemon’s white pith. Just in case you are new to zesting, once you see the white part of the lemon, stop zesting in that section.
3. Top with a Streusel. This is the part that makes them look like they are from the bakery. One extra step but worth it.
Other Muffin Recipes You Might Like
Be sure to pin this Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Ina Garten Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 624mg Carbohydrates: 69g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 37g Protein: 7g