OMG, I am a believer. The Air Fryer is an amazing invention and I can’t stop finding reasons to try something new. Even my biggest food critic (16 yr old son) said these Air Fryer Chicken Wings were amazing.
A little background about the pressure of making Chicken Wings. My husband is from Buffalo, NY so my kids have become very picky wing eaters.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats (about 15 pieces)
- Salt and Pepper (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Chicken Wing sauce
- Air Fryer
How to Cut Chicken Wings into Drumettes and Flats
- Locate the two joints of the chicken wings by using your fingers.
- Use a pair of kitchen shears or a sharp knife to snip through the center of each joint,
- Use the Drumettes and flats or wingettes in your recipe.
What is Buffalo Sauce?
There is a difference between buffalo sauce and hot sauce, peppers, salt, and vinegar. This is used to make “Buffalo Sauce”
You can buy Jarred Buffalo sauces at the grocery store. Basically it is the addition of butter to hot sauce that creates a true Buffalo Sauce. We used a bottled version for these, but my husband who is from Buffalo, was not home or he would have made it from scratch.
How To Make Buffalo Sauce
This simple buffalo sauce recipe starts with a base of your favorite hot sauce. Make sure you check the heat index on the bottle!
Basically all you need to do is whisk 2 parts hot sauce to one part melted butter and then stir in your cooked wings.
Other Buffalo Chicken Wing Inspired Dishes
- Buffalo Wing Pizza Recipe
- Low Fat Buffalo Chicken Skewers
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups
How to Air Fry Chicken Wings
Cut the chicken wings into drumettes and flats, season lightly with salt and pepper
Place the chicken wings in the basket in a single layer and insert into the air fryer.
Air Fry Chicken Cook Time
Cook for 24 minutes at 380°F. Turn the wings after 13 minutes with tongs.
After the full 24 minutes, turn the wings back to skin side. Increase the temperature to 400°F. and bake for 6 more minutes until the skin is browned and crisp.
Transfer to a bowl, add toss with wing Sauce and remove with a slotted spoon.
What Do I Serve With Buffalo Chicken Wings
As Buffalo Wing purest I can only recommend serving these along with a bowl of Real Blue Cheese Dressing, carrots and celery. Of course, if you must try Ranch Dressing but I don’t want to know about it.
Now pin this for your next Game Day Party when you want to know how to air fry chicken wings!
- 2 lbs of chicken Wings, separated into drumettes and flats
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Wing Sauce
- Cut the chicken wings into drumettes and flats, season lightly with salt and pepper
- Place the chicken wings in the basket in a single layer and insert into the air fryer.
- Cook for 24 minutes at 380°F. Turn the wings after 13 minutes with tongs
- After the full 24 minutes, turn the wings back to skin side. Increase the temperature to 400°F. and bake for 6 more minutes until the skin is browned and crisp
- Transfer to a bowl, add toss with wing Sauce
- Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing, carrots and celery
We are purest but if you must you can serve with Ranch dressing too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1 wing
Amount Per Serving Calories 856 Total Fat 67g Saturated Fat 26g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 35g Cholesterol 217mg Sodium 1197mg Carbohydrates 24g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 40g