During the holidays I am always looking for easy recipes that I can make ahead and freeze. Fudge is a quick and easy dessert recipe but it is also a great gift idea. Wrap up several pieces of fudge in a glass jar or simple paper box for a quick and thoughtful gift idea.
This Chocolate Mint Fudge is special in that is has three layers which makes it just a pleasing to the eye as it is to the tummy. Don’t worry it is just as simple just a few extra steps. Be sure to take a look at our layered peppermint fudge from last year.
HOW TO MAKE LAYERED FUDGE RECIPE
The first layer is no different than a typical chocolate fudge recipe. Allow it to cool while you make the middle layer.
Using white chocolate chips, green food coloring (if desired) and some peppermint extract gets you this middle layer.
You can keep it white if you don’t want to color it green. Just thought it was more festive.
How should I prepare my pan for fudge?
When making fudge, you can simply butter or grease the pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent the candy from sticking. …
To prepare a foil-lined pan, line the pan with foil extending over the sides of the pan. Grease the foil with butter or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
For the 3rd layer, it is more of a ganache. No condensed milk just chocolate and a little shortening.
Once you completed all three layer, just allow to cool completely. Give yourself a few hours just to be sure.
HOW TO CUT AND STORE FUDGE
Then take it out and cut it into small pieces. This is a rich fudge and only a little bite is needed. . (You will want more, trust me)
Fudge will keep at room temperature just fine. It does not need to be refrigerated. You can keep it in the refrigerator if you feel that you like it cold–and some people prefer it that way.
In this case, just make sure it is air tight, as cold air will surely dry out your fudge quicker
Other Yummy Peppermint Holiday Treats:
3 Layered Chocolate Mint Fudge Recipe
- 2.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cups white baking chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, or more, go by your taste preference
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1.5 cups chocolate with ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and add vanilla extract. Spread melted chocolate mixture into pan and chill for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt white chocolate with remaining condensed milk, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread mint layer over chilled chocolate layer. Chill for 5-10 minutes as you make final layer.
- Melt remaining 1 cup chocolate with 1 tsp shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until completely smooth. Spread over chilled mint layer
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until fudge is completely set.
- Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 206Saturated Fat 7gCholesterol 4mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g