Have you ever seen something at the grocery store and thought, how can I use this ingredient in something other than the intention. When I saw Oreo Pudding I first thought I could make a pudding pie, but then did a little searching and made these amazing Cookies and Cream Pudding Cookies.
Our family is already a big fan of cookie and cream ice cream, so I was hoping these cookies would be a big hit too. I might say, my husband who is a chocolate chip cookie purest, actually said these were the best cookies he has ever had.
What makes these Cookies and Cream Cookies so special?
Not only are there chunks of Oreo cookies and white chocolate chips mixed throughout the dough, but you also have Oreo pudding baked into the cookie.
I think it is the addition of the OREO brand pudding. Pudding cookies are moist and the pudding gives the cookies a more concentrated flavor.
WHAT IF I CANT FIND OREO PUDDING?
If you can not find it I think you could use vanilla pudding and add more finely crushed cookies in the batter. I found the pudding in the same section as the traditional ones
How long will these cookies stay fresh?
I think after 1 day they started losing their luster. I kept them out but I might keep them in the fridge.
Can I freeze pudding cookies?
I did freeze a few baked cookies to give to my daughter in a week and she said they were great. You could also freeze dough balls and bake them at a later date.
WHAT OTHER WAYS CAN I ENJOY COOKIES AND CREAM RECIPES?
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 4.2 oz pkg Oreo Cookies & Cream pudding mix
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 15 Oreo cookies coarsely crushed into big chunks
- Cream the butter and sugars in a mixer with a paddle attachment. Add the pudding mix and mix until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time then the vanilla and mix well. On low speed, add the flour and baking soda and continue mixing.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and Oreo cookie chunks being careful not to crush the cookies..
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoon (I use a cookie scoop) onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 179Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 26mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.