Have you ever make homemade donuts before? You must try these baked Double Fudge Baked Donuts or Baked Doughnuts Recipe. Do you call them Donuts or Doughnuts?
Did you know you can use flavored creamers to enhance recipes? These amazing new Coffee-mate flavors is what inspired me to make double fudge baked donuts for the family.
How to make Double Fudge Baked Donuts
I have been eyeing donut pans for a long time and finally broke down and ordered 2 sets of Norpro 6-Count Nonstick Donut Pans. I read that most recipes call for 12 donuts and did not want to have to do two batches.
I know patience is a virtue!
Inspired by the Holiday Coffee-mate flavors now available, I of course decided to go with the Dark Chocolate Fudge and turn it into a decadent dessert or breakfast treat that the whole family could enjoy. Check out the amazing flavors available this year:
- Dark Chocolate Fudge — Rich, dark and indulgent like only chocolate fudge can be. Enjoy a cup of coffee that’s every chocolate lover’s dream come true.
- Peppermint Mocha — Enjoy one of the season’s most popular flavors! Let the comfort of crisp peppermint and chocolatey mocha warm you up this holiday season.
Eggnog Latte — What would the holidays be without the flavor of Eggnog? Invite over some guests and prepare a holiday flavored latte for everyone on your list.
I checked out the recipes on Coffee-Mate’s website and was intrigued by Easy Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake but knew I did not want a whole bundt cake in the house.
Since I had never made baked donuts before I adapted a chocolate doughnut recipe from Buns in my oven to use the Dark Chocolate Fudge Coffee-mate Creamer. These two recipes merged created these super moist Baked doughnuts recipes.
Do you prefer these to be called baked donuts or baked doughnuts recipes?
Other Donut recipes you might like
Double Fudge Baked Donuts
- For the donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup Double Chocolate Fudge Coffee-mate Creamer
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the glaze
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons Chocolate Fudge Coffee-mate Creamer
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, (coffee if adding) and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, creamer, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
To make the glaze
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, creamer, and cocoa until well combined.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.
if you want more of a mocha flavor add 1 tsp instant coffee granules to the batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 241Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.