This post about an easy hash brown egg casserole recipe is brought to you by Walmart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Last Mother’s Day I made an amazing Hash Brown Egg Casserole that we ate for breakfast and dinner. Everyone one loved the addition of hash browns, sausage and sweet peppers to this make ahead Easter Brunch recipe. This year we might be traveling and if I am on vacation I want to take a short cuts in cooking. I have revised this recipe to still include all the flavors but use Ore-Ida Potatoes O’Brien which has all the goodness already chopped and frozen inside the bag.
Easy Hash Brown Egg Casserole Recipe
If you really want to take a short cut on this Egg and Hash Brown Breakfast casserole, find precooked sausage or bacon then all you have to do is assemble and bake. A perfect recipe to make in a kitchen while traveling. For those who will be using uncooked sausage or bacon, while you are preheating the oven, fully cook your protein. You could even use a mix of both for a fully loaded breakfast hash brown egg casserole. Mix everything in a big bowl, told you this was simple when you already have some of the ingredients pre-chopped for you. You can see all the yummy peppers in this picture. Just dump it all into a 9 x 12 inch pyrex dish.
This is the part that takes a little planning, it takes about an hour to bake so either get up super early or have a lot of baked goodies and fruit out to keep your hungry guests and kids happy.
Allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting. I was so impressed with the amount of extra onions and peppers they had in each bag. Even after it is cooked you can see how loaded full of veggies this easy egg casserole contains.
Grab yourself a slice, you may need more than one, it is so delicious. What is your favorite Easter Brunch or Mother’s Day Egg Casserole recipe?
Super Easy Egg and Hash brown Casserole
- Easy Hash Brown Egg Casserole2016-04-25 09:35:57A super easy make ahead egg casserole recipeWrite a reviewIngredients
- 1 package (30 ounces) bag Ore-Ida Potatoes O’Brien or frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bacon strips or sausage links, cooked and crumbled (we used turkey sausage) or combination of both
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
Close To Home https://stayingclosetohome.com/
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, bacon, cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, beat eggs and milk until blended; pour over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 to 10 minutes before serving.