If you are planning a Mother’s Day brunch menu for your family and loved ones, you will love this sausage breakfast casserole idea! It’s super easy to throw together, and my favorite part is that you can make it in advance!
I love using easy but delicious recipes like this for special meals, and a Mother’s Day brunch is a great time to indulge!
This post contains affiliate links.
Mother’s Day Brunch Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Next, you mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl before pouring into your greased casserole dish. I love my Pyrex dishes, but you can use any larger casserole or baking dish for this recipe.
You just want to make sure you spray with a non-stick cooking spray or coat with butter before pouring your mixture into the bowl. Otherwise you might have some stuck on food, and that’s no fun to clean up!
More Mother’s Day Brunch recipe ideas:
Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Sausage Breakfast Casserole
The perfect solution for a quick breakfast casserole
Easter Brunch Recipe-Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake Recipe
Make this as a large or mini pound cake recipe. Best made a day or two ahead.
Go Bananas with this Brunch or After School Quick Recipe Idea: Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
Self Serve Mother's Day Brunch Omelet Bar
Have your guests serve up their own individual omelets then bake them together.
Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread Recipe For Easter Brunch
A brunch classic monkey bread recipe
Omelet or Eggs in A Bag Recipe Perfect for Camping or Brunch
Kids will be amazed to see their omelet made in front of their eyes.
High Protein Mini Sausage Pancake Bites Recipe
These scrumptious little bites can feed a crowd of hungry kids for breakfast in no time.
Chicken and waffles recipe
Dinner and breakfast meet for this amazing sweet and savory combination of fried chicken and waffles Chicken and waffles recipe
Super Easy Mini Lemon Scones Recipe
A refreshing lemon scone made with a secret ingredient to keep these scones moist.
Freezer Ready Homemade Breakfast Sandwiches
Make these english muffin egg sandwiches to store in the freezer for an easy breakfast that kids can make themselves
Bacon Sausage Breakfast Sliders
Bacon Sausage Breakfast Sliders is a perfect breakfast to feed a crowd or make-ahead breakfast idea
Deliciously Easy Egg and Cheese Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Bread
Make this the night before and just throw it in the oven for Breakfast time.
Make Ahead Sausage Potato & Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 2 12 ounce packages Breakfast Sausage
- 1 30 ounce package Frozen Hash browns
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese, Mexican blend or Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Red Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Sliced
- 2 Cups Salsa
- 9 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, more to taste
- Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan lined with foil or silicone baking mat
- Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Turn once mid-way through cook time to make sure both sides are browned. Drain and slice into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, peppers, onions, and mix well with the egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking or casserole dish
- Cover and refrigerate overnight if prepping ahead. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached. Cook time will vary depending on the size of the casserole dish, as well as the oven. The main thing to consider is the internal temperature.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or hot sauce if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 621 Total Fat 42g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 25g Cholesterol 256mg Sodium 1344mg Carbohydrates 34g Fiber 4g Sugar 4g Protein 30g