If you are planning a Mother’s Day brunch menu for your family and loved ones, you will love this sausage breakfast casserole idea! It’s super easy to throw together, and my favorite part is that you can make it in advance! I love using easy but delicious recipes like this for special meals, and a Mother’s Day brunch is a great time to indulge!
Mother’s Day Brunch Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This post contains affiliate links.
Next, you mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl before pouring into your greased casserole dish. I love my Pyrex dishes, but you can use any larger casserole or baking dish for this recipe. You just want to make sure you spray with a non-stick cooking spray or coat with butter before pouring your mixture into the bowl. Otherwise you might have some stuck on food, and that’s no fun to clean up!
- 2 12 ounce packages Breakfast Sausage
- 1 30 ounce package Frozen Hash browns
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Mexican blend or Cheddar)
- 1/2 Cup Red Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Sliced
- 2 Cups Salsa
- 9 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper (more to taste)
- Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan lined with foil or silicone baking mat
- Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Turn once mid-way through cook time to make sure both sides are browned. Drain and slice into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, peppers, onions, and mix well with the egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking or casserole dish
- Cover and refrigerate overnight if prepping ahead. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached. Cook time will vary depending on the size of the casserole dish, as well as the oven. The main thing to consider is the internal temperature.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or hot sauce if desired.
More Mother’s Day Brunch recipe ideas: