Turkey is a given at Thanksgiving. Trying to find the best Side for Thanksgiving can be challenging. Here are 15 Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes, many you can make ahead, you might want to add to your holiday table.
When we asked him what his other favorite was he said Christmas. Then he asked his dad and me separately. We both said our favorite holiday was Thanksgiving. Baffled by our answer, he asked why we chose Thanksgiving over Christmas.
We both adore Thanksgiving because it is a holiday away from presents and retail hoopla, (unless you consider the grocery ads). It is a time that we bring our family together and often invite friends over to celebrate with us.
Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Even though I do most of the cooking, it is not a burden because it is so much about the sharing of a meal that I love the fact I have put some love and attention to each dish.
With only 22 days until Thanksgiving, I better get our menu started and start thinking about getting the ingredients in the house before the big rush. Obviously it will not be anything perishable before then but then I only have to hit the market for a few last-minute things.
One of my favorite Thanksgiving sides is the traditional Green Bean Casserole. You know the one with green beans and condensed soup cans.
Don’t have the space to bake Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe, check out our 10 Instant Pot Thanksgiving Side Dishes.
I have not made this in a long time and think I might just have to mix things up this year and adjust this one to make it a little more healthy. Although who is really counting calories on Thanksgiving.
Another keeper this Thanksgiving is a Sea Salt Sweet Potato Recipe. I recently made to go alongside a Skirt Steak we BBQ’d.
It was so simple but we gobbled it up and if you like sweet potatoes you are going to love them roasted. This sweet and salty Sweet potato Recipe will be having you begging for more.
Other Recipes for Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Sea Salt Sweet Potatoes Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe
- 2 lbs about 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt, plus more for finishing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, try to use real syrup
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, you can toast them first
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray
- mix all ingredients together in a separate bowl, except the pecans
- Arrange mixture in baking pan
- Bake 25-30 mins, stirring halfway through
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecan pieces
- Finish with a pinch of sea salt to serve
Serves 4-6 people and can be easily doubled
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 245mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 3gSugar 18gProtein 2g
What are your favorite Thanksgiving Sides?