This post about a Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie recipe is sponsored by Wayfair.com. The opinions are 100% my own. #WayfairPieBakeOff
It’s fall and need I say anything else but PUMPKIN RECIPES! Not only are we gearing up for some yummy Thanksgiving pies but with cooler weather, I don’t mind turning up my oven and getting all those delicious scents and spices around me.
Pumpkin pie can be boring at times, but this year we are making pumpkin pie recipe with a twist. To mix things up this year, we are not only adding a yummy crunchy topping but a layer of cheesecake to the bottom.
You will want to sink your teeth into this Fall or Thanksgiving dessert recipe.
How to Make a Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie?
Do not be intimidated by the word cheesecake. This is really just a layer of cream cheese, sugar, and eggs.
Why add cheesecake filling to a pumpkin pie recipe?
Plain pumpkin pies can be boring. The cheesecake layer adds some dimension to the pumpkin pie. After allowing it to cool you can make the pumpkin pie filling.
What kind of pie crust for a pumpkin pie?
I won’t lie to you or even pretend that I spend time making homemade pie crust.
I take the easy way, and use a pre-made pie crust. The crust is not even baked first.
Then just layer the cheesecake layer and the pumpkin pie layer all at once. You are almost done. It will cook like this for most of the time. As if it’s not good this way.
Just one more step for our Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Recipe
With only about 10 minutes left to cook, it’s time to make the crunchy pecan streusel topping. How can things get any better than spices and pecans?
Continue baking until the pie is completely cooked. You now have a masterpiece of flavors.
Of course, we need to slice into this to see what exactly we are talking about…
Ok, a little closer look to see all the yummy flavors that create an amazing cheesecake pumpkin pie recipe.
Ready for a bite I am sure. No need to wait for Thanksgiving Dessert for this one, Fall is a great excuse to indulge in PIE!
What is the best topping for a pumpkin pie?
How do you take you Pumpkin pie whipped cream or ice cream?
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Recipe
Make sure you rate this recipe if you make it!!
Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie
Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie recipe is the best of both worlds. Cheesecake layers topped with pumpkin pie
- 1 single pie crust--We used pre made deep dish
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened Low fat
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1¼ cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon *
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- *or 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla and beaten egg and beat until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Beat until smooth, then very carefully pour the mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cover the edges of the pie with foil, then bake an additional 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter. Cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Using 2 knives or a pastry blender.
- Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top of the pie. Return to the oven and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Cool the pie for 1 to 2 hours, then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Take out 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste and Tell Blog
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 507Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 115mgSodium 333mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 3gSugar 30gProtein 10g
Looks yummy. Thank you for the recipe.
That looks delicious!