There is nothing like one of our fresh summer drink recipes to really pick you up on a hot day. We love enjoying delicious cold drinks, but these fruity and classic summer drink recipes are really where it’s at. Whether you are treating yourself to our watermelon mojitos at the end of a long day working, or you are mixing up a batch to share with friends at your next weekend barbecue, these summer drink recipes are perfect!
Summer Drink Recipes – Featuring Watermelon Mojitos
This post contains affiliate links.
During the summer months, I crave iced drink recipes, especially the adult version! One of my favorite summer drink recipes from the past is Watermelon Margaritas. You can make this ahead of time and make a pitcher. You may want to double the recipe as it goes down quickly. I also had a wonderful guest post on refreshing summer drink recipes you can find HERE.
Having opened another mealy watermelon this year, I decided to round out our summer meal with another watermelon drink recipe. This time, the abundant mint plant in my garden tipped me off to make Mojitos. I did not need to look very far to find a mojitos recipe that was easy, and we had all the ingredients already at home. We even had spearmint simple syrup so that is one step I could skip.
Thanks to no other than Barefoot Contessa’s Cookbook, “How Easy Is That”, my husband and I enjoy watermelon Mojito drinks at dinner.
Go ahead and make the watermelon base early on in the day. Just store in a pitcher in the fridge and it will be super cold. If you don’t have time for this, I recommend using a watermelon that has been in the fridge, because colder is better. Don’t forget to label your pitcher with these fun pitcher tags so this does not get into the wrong hands!
We had purchased simple syrup for another recipe in the past so I was able to skip the step of making this, but there is no reason why you should not make a large pan of this and store it in the fridge for further recipes. Since ours was spearmint flavored I reduced the amount of fresh mint in this Drink recipe.
Serve this over ice and I garnished with fun shell toothpicks with a little cube of watermelon and a sprig of mint. This is a beautiful mixed drink to serve to friends and family at your next barbecue picnic, or to enjoy with your spouse by the pool after your kids go to bed. You can easily make this recipe with other fruit, but we love the idea of mint and watermelon together.
If you are looking for some fun or delicious summer drink recipes or you are looking for some great watermelon recipes, you are in luck. Not only do we have this great watermelon mojito recipe, and the watermelon margarita linked above, but we have more great unique recipes listed below for you to try. Enjoy these on a hot summer day!
More Watermelon Recipes:
- 30 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
- 3 to 4 thick slices of fresh watermelon
- 12 ozs light rum
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Use a motar and pestle to mash the mint leaves (I just used the back of a wooden spoon in the serving pitcher to do this) Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. (this is where I might strain the fruit next time) Put the fruit into a food processor fitted with steel blade and puree. Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher with 2 cups of pureed watermelon, the rum, simple syrup, and lime juice and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a pitcher for serving.
- Place ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with fresh mint and spears of watermelon. Serve ice cold.
- To make simple syrup, put 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a small pan and simmer until dissolved.
Adapted from How easy is this--Barefoot Contessa
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Sodium 21mgCarbohydrates 27gSugar 24g