Although this chocolate pudding pie recipe is a from-scratch recipe, except the prepared crust, this is a super easy recipe that really has a lot of wow factor for your guests.
You can also probably change up the chocolate pudding for pie with different chocolate to satisfy your chocolate craving.
This recipe is adapted from my Hershey’s Easy Chocolate Recipe Cookbook so I used Hershey’s Chocolate the first time making it. This no-bake recipe for Chocolate Pudding Pie is definitely a keeper in this house.
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Pie Filling
Since we had some leftover chocolate from our trip to Hershey Park and Hershey World, ( I know hard to believe) I had to measure out the amount of chocolate.
Love my food scale what was I doing for so long without one??
Chocolate pudding pie with Oreo Crust or Graham Cracker Crust?
This recipe calls for a pre-made crust, you know me I am all over short cuts in cooking. You could always make your own with chocolate graham crackers or Oreos.
Check out this base, as if it is not chocolate enough this is where you melt more chocolate. This is where you would also change the recipe to fit your tastes.
Check out how thick this is before it has time to cool. No way does it compare to the box mixes of pudding…
What type of chocolate should I use for this no bake chocolate pudding pie?
The original recipe calls for Hershey chocolate bars. We added some dark chocolate to mix things up a bit.
The hardest part, covering the pie and letting it cool in the fridge. Fortunately, it was hid out of sight from little tasting fingers…
How to store chocolate pudding pie
This pie is best made ahead of time and needs to cool a few hours before serving. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on your pudding and place it in the fridge.
If you allow air to make contact, then the filling will form a hard skin.
Can you make chocolate pudding pie the day before
Yes, you can make this chocolate pie the day before you serve it. When you are ready to serve the pie, make a batch of homemade whipped topping, trust me it will be worth it.
Chocolate pudding pie with oreo crust
As if it was not good enough like this, we made some homemade whipped cream for the special birthday boy. Nothing like pure indulgence
Still not pretty enough. Add some extra chocolate so everyone knows what they are getting.. We used a vegetable peeler and a bar of chocolate to get shavings.
This super-easy pudding Chocolate pie comes together quickly and is so so good.
Other Chocolate Pies You might Love:
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Extra Easy Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
The Ultimate Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
Creamy Milk Chocolate Pudding Pie
A super easy but delicious no bake chocolate pie recipe that is ready in just minutes
- 5 Milk Chocolate Bars, 1.55 oz. each
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk, I used 2%
- 2 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Coffee Extract (optional)
- 1 packaged Oreo crumb crust, 6 oz.
- Whipped Topping
- 1 pint of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla For whipped Toppin g
- Additional Milk Chocolate Bar, 1.55 oz., cut into sections along score lines or Chocolate shavings (optional)
- 1 Remove wrappers from chocolate bars; break into pieces and set aside. Stir together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk in bowl or container with pouring spout. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
- 2 Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add chocolate bar pieces; stir until melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into crumb crust; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm. Remove plastic wrap and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate bar sections, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftovers. 6 to 8 servings.
- To Make Whipped Topping, use a cold bowl and whisk attachment of a Kitchenaid Mixer. Add Cream, sugar and vanilla until you get desired texture. About 5 minutes.
Adapted from Hershey's Kitchen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 588Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 178mgSodium 318mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 9g
This pie is awesome and easy to make! But…now I can’t find the recipe. All I see here are pictures and an overview. Help!
This was a keeper pie recipe
WOW! Chocolate pie is my favorite!!! Thank you for sharing!
That looks so deliciously easy!