Let’s admit it when it is hot outside who wants to cook, let alone bake desserts? Well, my kids were off for camp and I had pulled this Super Easy Chocolate Fudge Pie Recipe Southern Living magazine and felt this would be a great occasion to treat the family.
(We have updated this post since original posting date)
I had never made a fudge pie before but the mere fact it had chocolate and was topped with ice cream made my mouth water. Be sure to get a cute pie plate so it looks like the crust was homemade. Don’t miss our other easy pie recipes.
Super Easy Chocolate Fudge Pie Recipe
I call it Mouth Watering and Super Easy Fudge Pie Recipe because most of the hard work happens in the microwave. Then you just plop your pie, I used a pre-made crust, in the oven to finish it off.
What is a fudge pie?
The best way to describe this fudge pie has a gooey chocolate center and a crusty chocolate top like a brownie.
This simple recipe for fudge pie takes very little effort nor multiple ingredients involed.
- evaporated milk
- package semisweet chocolate morsels
- all-purpose flour
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- chopped pecans (optional)
- 9-inch frozen unbaked pie crust shell or homemade in a pie pla
What kind of crust should I use for a Fudge pie?
You can always make your own pie crust recipe too. It probably took a total of 10 minutes to make this pie myself and someone on any cooking level can be successful.
Check out our Texas Sheet Cake Recipe if you are looking to serve a chocolate dessert to feed a crowd.
MAKE TWO chocolate fudge pies, since a typical can of milk is enough for two pies.
First things first. I used our 4 cup liquid measuring cup to make the filling since it was microwave safe. Simply melt the chips, milk, and sugar in the microwave.
Then I just added the next ingredients, and if you know how to whisk you can make this pie.
Since my youngest does not love nuts in his desserts, I chopped about half the amount and only added it to half the pie after I poured it in. A gentle stir to get it into the batter and it was a success.
This is the best chocolate fudge pie on the universe. Just bake it and wait for yumminess to fill the kitchen.
If you have your own pie plate you can place it inside before you add the filling.
Just slice and serve, with or without ice cream it is the easiest pie to put together.
Other pie recipes you might like:
I made this a few hours before dinner, and although it says to cool 10 minutes before eating, it was still slightly warm and very decadent.
We also loved it the next day at room temperature. I think I liked it a little cooler when the ice cream did not just meltdown over the pie completely.
Do not be afraid of the oven this summer, try this super easy fudge pie recipe and watch it disappear before your very eyes.
Would you like fudge pie recipe this with or without nuts? What flavor of ice cream would you serve?
You are also going to LOVE these Posts!
Mouth Watering and Super Chocolate Fudge Pie Southern Living
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk -we had non fat in the house
- 1/2 12-oz. package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 9-inch frozen unbaked pie crust shell or homemade in a pie plate
- Ice cream, we served vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
- 2. Whisk sugar and flour into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. (you can whisk the eggs slightly before adding to the chocolate mixture) Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
Adapted from Southern Living Magazine
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 596 Total Fat 33g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 68mg Sodium 426mg Carbohydrates 72g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 45g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 8g