This is the first year I have decided to do some taste testing of pies before I officially baked for Thanksgiving. My favorite of all holiday pies is my stand by, but with a slight ingredient twist, Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. My second pie I tried this week was a Pumpkin-Chocolate Cheesecake Pie I found in the November 2008 Better Homes and Garden Magazine. I tore it out and am just getting to it now. Really probably just found it after all these years. I will be sharing the pumpkin pie recipes as well as 18 amazing pie recipes to get you in the mood to bake or just eat.
First things first. Had to show you the middle too.
Basically a layered pie with both a cheesecake and pumpkin pie layers. It is simple to make, I actually made both of these pies before heading to the bus stop.
VERDICT: They liked the pie but want to stick to regular pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. If I made it again I will add more flavor to the cheesecake layer.
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie2017-09-28 20:05:51Pumpkin pie recipe with a twist. Cheesecake and pie meld together for the pumpkin chocolate cheesecake pieWrite a reviewIngredients
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (1-1/2 8-oz. pkgs.)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate or miniature chocolate pieces (I used mini chips)
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- Chopped chocolate (optional)
- Pie Crust for one deep dish pie ( I used the roll out pie crust and cut it into 2 small pies)
Close To Home https://stayingclosetohome.com/
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare and roll out Deep Dish Pie Pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-1/2- to 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Trim crust edge 1/2-inch beyond pie plate. Flute edge high. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 6 minutes more or until golden. Cool on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. ( I just poked holes in the crust to keep it from rising.)
- 2. In medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture in cooled pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- 3. In bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice. Stir in 4 eggs. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture on chocolate layer. To prevent overbrowning, cover pie edge with foil.
- 4. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hour. Top with chopped chocolate.
Now what you are waiting for pies from my friends as Secret Recipe Club. A group of amazing cooks that meet up once a month and share recipes. Enjoy
Now time to let your mouth water with these 18 Amazing Pie Recipes for Thanksgiving
Dylans Spiced Pumpkin Pie–from Culinary Adventures with Cam
Sweet Potato pie with Cranberry Compote — from Pajama Chef
Crust Apple Pie Recipe by Karen’s Kitchen Stores
Coconut Cream Pie with Chocolate Crumb Crust by Barbara Bakes
Amazing Apple Pie Recipe by Close to Home
Bourbon Brown Butter Pecan Recipe by Vintage Kitchen Notes
Cherry Cheesecake Pie by Vanderbilt Wife
German Chocolate Pie by BCMom’s Kitchen
Ambrosial Apple Pie by Gastronomical Sovereignty
Ultimate Chocolate Pie by Close to Home
Gingerbread Cream Pie by Our Eating Habits
Rustic Blueberry Apple Pie Recipe by Dancing Veggies
Chocolate Bourbon Pie by Close to Home
Boston Banoffee Pie by Lick the Spoon
Apple Pie by My Hobbie Lobbie
Apple Crumble Pie Recipe by Close to Home
Gluten Free Pie Recipe: Pecan Pie without the Crust by The Heritage Cook
Be sure to pin this when you start holiday baking
How many holidays pies to you bake for Thanksgiving?