When there is a mom/ woman in need, girlfriends are always there to help out. When you are in your 20/30’s you are bringing food to friends with new babies. Later in your 40’s 50’s and beyond it is for deaths, illnesses, divorce etc.
No matter the occasion happy or sad, a meal at the door can make the person take a deep sigh of relief from their day. Here are 20 meals to bring to families.
How to Set up a Meal Train
When bringing or setting up a signup genius for a friend, be sure and
- Ask them about allergies and food dislikes
- How many days a week they need food. Most likely they will have leftovers.
- Determine a time frame to drop off the meal, or have a cooler outside the home to collect the food.
- Have people predetermine what meals they might bring. This helps eliminate 12 pulled pork dinners. Things change but at least people can start getting creative.
- Make sure participants bring food in disposable food containers when possible. Nothing worse than a new mom having to do 10 casserole dishes and then driving them to their respective homes.
- Have friends who don’t like to cook, order pizza or buy a heat and serve meal from the grocery store.
An amazing a quick way to make pulled pork that feeds 12 people.
A super easy North Carolina Pulled Pork Recipe, Crock pot pulled pork Recipe
Change it up with pulled chicken recipe in the crockpot.
A great way to serve meatball subs to a crowd with this inexpensive casserole recipe.
Make a double batch of this easy spaghetti pie. A kid favorite.
Mac and cheese with chicken is a one meal dish that is a great comfort food.
A little spicy so you might want to tone down the spices if you are bringing this to a young family.
Kids can help put together this super easy pizza casserole.
Vodka Sauce sounds fancy but it is the perfect weeknight meal to fill your family's bellies. Also a great recipe for a dinner party.
Don't spend hours in the kitchen on your vacation. Even if you are spending your vacation at a home, make these meals That travel well that you can make ahead of time of time and bring them with you
Chicken Enchilada Quiche is a great tex mex casserole in a quiche. Easy to throw together and a great meal to bring a friend too.
A super easy weeknight meal made with a rotisserie chicken. Mexican Chicken Rice Dish
This cheesy mac and cheese recipe is sure to be your kids favorit pasta recipe. adapted from the Disney Diner *Serves 4 - 6
A one dish pasta meal that is great for a crowd and busy weeknights Make Ahead Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake Recipe CHEESY SPINACH TOMATO PASTA BAKE
Mix things up with this Mexican Chicken Lasagna that is a great pot luck meal too
Make this Chicken Enchiladas Recipe to Feed A Crowd or make two casseroles and freeze one for another day. This makes over 20 enchiladas so feed a crowd or feed your family for two dinners.
Crock Pot Tortilla Soup is a comfort food that is made while you are at work or busy in the day
Slow cooker Chicken Noodle soup that you prep and freeze for a rainy or sick day.
A hearty vegetable soup filled with kale, butternut squash, beans and gluten-free pasta.