One of the most popular posts is our Dog Cake recipe. This makes at least 3 dog cakes so my daughter decided to try a Dog Mug Cake for 1 dog with only 5 ingredients and made in the microwave.
This homemade microwave dog cake bakes up in 2 minutes so in about 5-10 minutes you have a fun treat for your dog. Whether you are celebrating a dog birthday, or just have some time on your hand and want to reward your dog.
This is a treat for your dog, not something to add to their regular diet.
What You need for a Dog Mug Cake
- Carrots, grated
- Peanut butter (plus a bit more for frosting).
- Whole wheat flour or other nut flour if your dog is allergic to wheat
- baking powder
- Greek Yogurt for frosting if desired
Can I make this homemade microwave dog cake for more than one dog?
Obviously, if you have two dogs, just double the recipe and fill it into two mugs. Otherwise, this super easy microwave dog mug cake is just what your pup is barking for!
WHAT CAN I FROST MY HOMEMADE DOG MUG CAKE WITH?
Dog frosting could not be easier. Peanut butter and Greek yogurt are two dog-friendly ingredients you can slather onto your easy dog cake recipe.
OTHER HOMEMADE DOG CAKES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
HOW TO MAKE ONE OF THESE SUPER FAST MICROWAVE DOG CAKES
- 1 tbs of carrots, grated
- 2 tbs of peanut butter (plus a bit more for frosting).
- 4 tbs of water
- 4 tbs of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 ts of baking powder
- 1/2 ts of honey
- 1/2 ts of vanilla
- Grate carrots. Set aside.
- Put 2 tbs of peanut butter in the mug and heat until melted, (1:30-2 minutes).
- Add whole wheat flour, baking powder, grated carrots, honey, vanilla, and water to the same mug w/ peanut Butter.
- Mix until it feels like dough.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Take out of mug and plate the cupcake on a plate. Frost the cupcake when still warm, either with PB, greek yogurt, or a mix of both!
- Decorate with dog kibble or treats if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 333Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 406mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 5gSugar 11gProtein 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.