Wondering what to feed houseguests? I wish I took more time to meal plan on a weekly basis. With summer and Spring and summer brings a lot of friends and family taking road trips to visit you.
If you live in the ideal location people like to visit, my guess is that you get many house guests It is always good to have an easy meal plan for overnight guests.
I have put together a list of make-ahead meals for overnight guests which takes the hassle of cooking out of the burden of entertaining house guests. Be sure to check out these Tips for hosting overnight House Guests too.
If you are planning on being an overnight guest somewhere , some of these recipes be frozen and easily transported as well. Pack up a bucket hostess gift too along with one of these make-ahead meals when you hit the road to a friends house this summer.
Make Ahead Meals for Overnight House Guests
- Purchase Pork tenderloins a couple of weeks before, marinate them and freeze them. Our favorite pork tenderloin marinade is Barefoot Contessa’s Herb Marinated Pork tenderloin recipe. Make sure you take them out at least the day b/f to defrost. You can do this with chicken or steaks too.
- Roast asparagus, green beans, and potatoes, no matter what combination you choose you can prepare them ahead and then put in the oven 40 minutes before serving. Follow these steps for sheet pan dinners.
Make Ahead Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Eclair Cake Icebox Cake can be made the night before, it requires 4 hrs of chilling time so it can be made earlier the same day.
- Mason Jar Recipes: Easy Dump Cake Dessert
- Easiest Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- Old Fashioned Ice Cream Roll Recipe
Make ahead Breakfast Meal Plans for House Guests :
- Make-ahead Breakfast meat & Egg casseroles or Egg casseroles also come in handy for brunch the next day. I made ours Friday afternoon for Saturday late morning.
- Monkey Bread and or scones are always a hit and can be made ahead of time. Bake up the scones before heading to church.
- Ham Biscuit s can be made up to 3 months in advance, cover them in foil, which you need to for baking purposes and then into a freezer bag.
- Cut up fruit the day before just don’t add the red fruits like raspberries and strawberries until right before serving.
- Bake bacon at 400 degrees for 40 minutes and cooked the sausage. To store for later use, place cooked bacon into a warming drawer.
While you don’t want to make your meal plans for house guests so comfortable and welcoming they end up staying for the week, here are some nice tips to spruce up the guest room.