Hey, everyone, this is Caitlin. I am so excited about this weeks recipe because it is not common, I chose a French dessert recipe. This dessert recipe is a chocolate Madeleine recipe. You might be wondering why I chose this recipe.
I had a French Class Project that we had to make a French Dessert recipe. I worked with 2 other friends on this and it took a while to decide on a recipe but this is the recipe we all agreed on. Sponge cake-like French Madeleine cookies in shell-shaped molds.
How to make a simple French Dessert Recipe
The Madeleines are good if you a light snack or treat. They are not rich and they don’t fill you up. This was a very easy recipe. I really liked the moistness of them when they were done.
You have to use a special Madeleine Pan to bake them in so that might be tricky to find. Also, the pan gives the Madeleines a pretty design.
I now have a Madeleine pan if anyone needs to borrow one!! My mom reminds me of this:)
This French dessert recipe was super easy, at least the batter. That came together in no time.
It took one batch to realize we needed to pay a little closer attention to the amount of batter in each cavity as well as making sure it did not overflow! Mom came into help for this one.
We doubled the recipe not knowing how many it would make and I needed to serve 18 kids in my class.
We had the smaller Madeleine pan and this made 5 pans worth. More than enough for the group and allowed for some error. Mom also purchased the pan that was not nonstick, to save a few dollars, so be sure and spray each individual cookie slot well with some non-stick cooking spray.
Have you made a French recipe before?
Chocolate Madeleine Recipe
What You Need
- 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 oz butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter one Madeleine pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together.
- Cream the butter with the vanilla and the sugar. Add the egg and egg yolks, beating to mix. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined only, do not over mix. Place rounded teaspoon of batter into the prepared Madeleine shell forms.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a wire rack. Once cool sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24
Amount Per Serving Calories 1105Saturated Fat 35gCholesterol 676mgSodium 532mgCarbohydrates 129gFiber 7gSugar 90gProtein 19g