Heavenly Strawberry Cake Desserts with Cream Cheese Butter Cream Frosting is a step up from Ellen’s Great Aunt’s Strawberry Cake. It takes a few more steps but worth every minute. This three-layer cake is going to be a crowd pleaser any time of year.
In fact, you could even use frozen strawberries if it’s offseason to bring a little summer into a dull winter dessert. The moist layers of strawberry cake, made with a cake mix, is layered with a cream cheese buttercream which holds up this very moist and delicate cake.
Cake Desserts: Heavenly Strawberry Cake Recipe
This Semi Homemade Cake Recipe will be a crowd pleaser and includes fresh strawberries but you actually make a simple syrup with them to add to the mixture.
In the past when I had cakes fall apart I think I added too many fresh strawberries. Using a strawberry puree to replace the liquid in the recipe, creates just the right balance to keep your cake moist but not too moist.
So now we have added everything to the white cake mix and look at the lovely color of our cake. This is for my teenage son’s birthday, but he is not bothered by pink.
All baked and ready to get frosted. I put my layers in the freezer for about an hour or so just to be sure they were hard enough to take on the stiffer frosting. You could also make the layers ahead of time and then frost in a few weeks if you needed to.
I am keeping the frosting process photos for the frosting post but it worked out beautifully. Want a slice?
Everyone really enjoyed this strawberry cake recipe and I preferred it a little cold. Definitely keep it in the freezer for any long duration. Take the cake out about 30 minutes before serving.
Who in your family would love a slice of this strawberry and cream cake? I might have to rename it strawberry and cream cake!!
Heavenly Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Butter Cream Frosting
Pin this cake desserts Picture for later:
Other Strawberry Desserts You might like
Here is the Recipe for This Cake Desserts: Strawberry Cake
- STRAWBERRY PUREE
- 1 cup chopped, fresh strawberries*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 16.25 oz white cake mix
- 1 3 oz strawberry Jello powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of strawberry puree, the above recipe makes 1 cup
- *You can also use frozen strawberries if you can’t get fresh!
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients (including the cooled puree) and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then mix on medium-low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 or 3 well greased and floured pans and bake at 325°F degrees for 35-45 minutes. Checking for doneness) You can use (2) or (3) 8″ round pans Three cake pans results in thinner layers and lots of yummy frosting.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pans that turn out each layer onto a cooling rack.
- When completely cool you can put them in the freezer before frosting.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 365Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 59mgSodium 157mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 2gSugar 46gProtein 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.