Blueberries are in season right now, so be sure and make this three-ingredient blueberry dump cake recipe for your next crowd-pleasing dessert. If you don’t have fresh blueberries, no worries you can follow our recipe using canned blueberry pie mix for even a quicker preparation time.
This is called dump cake for a reason, you literally just dump the layers in a pyrex pan and then you can scoop and dump some ice cream on top. We have also made a dump cake in a jar for an easy entertaining option.
How to Make a Dump Cake?
Imagine just layering a box cake mix on top of your fruit of choice and adding a layer of butter slices and baking it into this amazing dump cake recipe.
Can I make a dump cake ahead of time?
It is the perfect recipe to feed a crowd and it is ok to make ahead of time and serve room temperature. This dessert casserole travels well too.
What Size Pan for blueberry dump cake?
This blueberry dump cake recipe can be served up in individual bowls or your guests can scoop their own servings.
Other Desserts that serve a crowd
Looking for another amazing dessert for a crowd, try Blueberry Cobbler Recipe or Texas Sheet Cake Recipe.
What to serve with Dump Cake?
No dump cake recipe is complete without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If served warm the ice cream melts perfectly onto your plate. Love ice cream desserts then this Old Fashioned Ice Cream Roll Recipe is for you too.
My 16 year old made this dump cake for us one night. It is super easy to follow and even easier to have out at a potluck dinner. Don’t forget to make a batch of Slutty Brownies Recipe for those guests that need chocolate.
Other Summer Desserts you might like:
Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 21 oz can of blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the can of blueberry pie filling at the bottom of a 9.5 x 13 cake pan/pyrex dish
- top with 3/4 of the fresh blueberries.
- Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the fruit.
- Thinly slice the butter stick and place the sliced butter pieces on any dry cake mix trying to cover the entire surface.
- Sprinkle the rest of the fresh blueberries on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake topping is golden brown.