What is an easy keto breakfast you can serve a crowd?
This low carb breakfast casserole is hearty and filling because it’s packed full of protein from the sausage, bacon, and eggs. We opted for some sauteed mushrooms but you can add any roasted low carb vegetable you may have on hand.
Make Ahead Keto Breakfast Bake Recipe
While it is not an overnight egg casserole recipe, you can do most of the prep the day before and just make the egg mixture while the oven is heating up.
Who knew that you can lose weight eating eggs, bacon and sausage for breakfast? Doesn’t this look like a hardy breakfast even before it bakes? A yummy sausage breakfast casserole indeed.
I guess you could probably put this in the fridge like this, but it is so simple to just crack eggs and add some milk at the last minute instead of the possibility of dropping the entire breakfast egg casserole pan before its cooked.
Easy Breakfast Casserole is made in minutes and results in this fluffy yet dense egg dish. Filled with so much goodness. Best part you can just reheat this in the microwave if you have leftovers at your brunch.
More Brunch Recipes You Might Like
Keto Egg Brunch Casserole Recipe
Be sure to pin this recipe for when you are looking for a low carb breakfast Bake
Keto Friendly Breakfast Bake – Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 oz Package of Sliced Mushrooms (we used baby portabella)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, crumbling as it cooks. Drain grease and set aside.
- Cut the bacon into bite-sized chunks and cook in a large skillet, stirring often, until crisp. Drain most of the the grease and set aside.
- Leaving just enough grease in the pan, sauté the mushrooms until most of the liquid is gone
- .Dice the Onions. If making ahead store all of these ingredients in a container and place in fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the milk and water. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients including the cooked meats and veggies and stir until well combined
- .Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown. Test the casserole by dipping a knife into egg mixture and it should come out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
To make ahead simply cook the veggies and the meat and set in fridge until ready to bake the casserole You can take it out for 30 minutes to reach room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 470Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 280mgSodium 1260mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 31g